how to install fogs on a 98 civic

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea how do i install fog lights on a 98 civic ,,,i just need to know the wiring and stuff thanks!

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
are they stock ones or aftermarket??

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah, i post 99+ civics, ill try to find it for you.

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i dont have any yet ill probabbly get aftermarket im waiting to get them unill i find out how to intall them,,,,,are stock ones better?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I have stock ones in my 97 civic and I hooked them up to run off my parking brakes instead of the switch. since i forgot to turn them off a couple of times and killed my battery :oops:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you have pics of the stockfogs on your civic
justin???? id like to see what they look
like :thumbs up:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "admin"

I don't have the stock ones, they are cheap aftermarket ones.
oh, my bad :oops: i thoughtit said you had stock fogs in the previous post??

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i just need some pics of what wire to splice the fog lamps to cause i dont know what wire is what :?

kuyababoy03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey can sumone send me sum pix on DIY 96-98 oem foglight install plzz.... thnkz.........

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there anyways u can put like a noice so when u open ur door and ur car is off.. so like u know when u turn off ur car and it just BEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps... till u turn ur lights off is there anyway to do that with the 96-98 fogs???

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol some left his lights on. did you ever come across that paint?,I could send you some

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i got some just havnt painted them yet its raining..

TorGa3iGhT

"torga eight"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as far as wiring goes, you can go to autozone, and buy one of those fuse splitters. It basically goes into where a current fuse is in the fuse box, and also contains a positive lead coming from the fuse. From there you can wire your positive wire, down to the switch, then to the fog lights. The ground just ground to anywhere on the car that is touching the metal frame.

I haven't actually done fog lights on my car yet, but the wiring should be the same as anything else. Just make sure red goes with red, and black gets grounded. Lemme know if you need more help...i can try and give you a more detailed idea?

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bringing this one back so as not to start a new one about the same thing, but has anyone come up with a diy aftermarket foglight install? i found some rectangle, yellow foglights that im lovin and i want to know how hard it is to install, and how to do it. i want to use the switch because where i want to put it is right above the e-brake where theres thsoe lil rectangles.... one of mine is gone so i figured why not cover it with a switch.... tha actually works!!! lol. but yeah help me out here please!!!

98EK-R

"Keeping It Clean"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i have a 98 w/ the 99 front end, which set of directions do i use, 96-98 or the 99-00?