cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how to install an intake

worked for me but if you mess up not my fault

ok first you need the following
1) car 2) intake 3) tools the tools you will need "or that i used" are the following. One flat head screw driver a 10mm soccet and a 5/16 ths socket" i think thats eater 6 or 7 mms".

1- ok first take of fyour stock intake box assmbly. it has 3 bolts on one of the boxes and 2 on the other." the second box right on tom of the trottle body i just yanked and moved it untill it came off " this douse not hurt it unless you forget to take off the o2 senser.
2-take off your front bummper there are little plastic circles you just pop them up with your flat head and then take them out there ia about 8 of these on the top part of the bummper. then go infront of the tires their is a smal bolr right behind and under the headlights. unbolt this "both sides" and take off the bummper". styraphome is inder the bummper too so dont break that.

1put together your intake losely at first then you have room to move it so you can have it just right

look for the pic-this is the bottom half i dident connect it to the top half because i stcuk it through the hole and then attached the filter here ----

heres another view all put together

and last i cut a hole in the little plastic fake airscoups so i could get direct air flow when driving i also used a file to make the edges look nicer

tell me if this helps any one out or if you have any questions enjoy

Last edited:

burntaxis

burnt axis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Drive in any rain yet? I don't think your filter will stay dry/clean very long.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah interesting way to ruin your filter fast.... but nice write up!!!!

civicnoob

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better clean off that bird crap from the car before it eats thru the paint, but nice write up, i would have possibly drilled some holes instead of cutting that off, cuase it would get dirty much quicker like that.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have noticed it getting dirty but you can clean them. as for water i have also installed a bypass valve

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the bypass valve only works if the entire filter is submerged in water, be careful hydro-locking is not fun

burntaxis

burnt axis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Having the hole there isn't going to increase his chances of hydro-lock, because that will only happen if the filter is entirely submerged. It will get dirty quite quickly, and you will get the filter wet, which is not going to help performance.

2000SIR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine is like that too its like a ram air it does make a differnce with the air rushing right into the filter but it will get dirty quick and a way better chance of getting wet but it does kick in.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont drive in the rain much but it does get dirty

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I cut a hole in the same spot for my 5g and my filter hasn't gotten dirty at all... it's been almost a year...

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quick note....you dont have an O2 sensor in you intake. Its an Intake Temp Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.