How To: Integra Steerng Wheel Swap

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This "how to" really only applies to EF owners but can probably be applied to any year civic.

If you own an EF Honda and you still have the stock steering wheel , chances are that its pretty worn out and plus if f**kin ugly. Upgrading your steering wheel shouldnt have to cost $200. Unless you dont mind paying that much. But i do, besides i try to keep my car as much Honda as possible. Not to mention that the Integra wheel i used was relatively cheap( $20 on eBay), fits perfectly, is pretty sweet looking, and it has cruise control buttons!!! Why is that so great you ask...well think of the possibilities.
First and most obvious, you can add cruise control to your car using the Integra and possibly Prelude or even and Accord solenoid and controller.
Second you can use those buttons to activate nitrous oxide...if you have it. but then again, technically you can use your horn for that.
Third I just think they look kinda cool. *Shrug*

Well, theres really not much to it. First start by removing the center cap in your steering wheel with a flathead crew driver or anything you have laying around.
The nut in the middle is a 19mm. I personally dont own a socket that large so i cheated. I used my tire iron to remove that nut. Just wiggle the wheel loose and it should come out. Its that easy. Do the reverse with the Integra wheel to install. Wait, not yet. Oops. Read below first.

Integras use a slightly different horn configuration than Civics or Rexes. The only modification that needs to be done to the Integra wheel is to remove a small copper colored metal "tag" that is only attatched with a small screw. Otherwise the horn will sound every time you turn or whenever it makes contact with other metal. and thats a bad thing.
I personally dont have my horn hooked up because i dont like to have it, but you can easily configure yours to work again. Sorry im not sure how. Ive been to lazy to really find out for myself.

Thats basically it. Enjoy your new steering wheel. You just saved $180 over a momo or sparco. Congratulations.

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry i forgot to tell which year Integra the steering wheel came from. Its from a 92 teg. LS
The GSR ones should fit too but those dont have cruise control and look cheaper IMO.

D92CIVIC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did it...pulled my wheel from my 92 ls put it in my 92 hatch back....I also put my 92 ls front seats in my civic too.....easy as pie and the teg wheel is so much sweeter.....I am going to put my B18A1 in my civic as well....doing some research on that though.

phoenix

5+ Year Member
gearbox conversion

do you or anyone know how to convert a 1998 civic coupe from a automatic gearbox to a manuel one also do you have to change the ecu;s over

SuckMySOHC

5+ Year Member
I personally dont like the da steering wheels, but i do have a 91 Lude si steering wheel in my ef. Looks 30x better than stock. I recommend this to everyone. Its the same process as above.