How To: Interior Leak Repair

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so did u replace the clip for the bumper????????

Grn96Vic

5+ Year Member
i can't stand the leak in my trunk.. i've had it since i bought it and havent fixed it, but i'm gunna check out all of these spots now.. hopfully i find the leak and can fix it, don't want the sub i'm putting in to get messed up

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3rdCoast said:
check ur tail lights, u wouldnt believe where u can get water through a leak in ur tailights tighten them down, and check the gaskets on them.... If u have subs in the car the bass can make them lose......
:werd:

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you're only 3+ months late

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Could help someone else out... so who cares?

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it's in the how tos, it would of helped someone regardless whether it was on top or not

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's not about it being at the top...

Why hate on him for agreeing with a post? So maybe one day.... days, weeks, months, years in the future someone will search Google and this thread will show up. And they'll read this thread and think, "Hmm... a few peopel are agreeing with this... I should try that one first since so many people are agreeing then it might be more likely to be right."

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i know whatever i say wont change your mind and vice versa so why should we even bother amy

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
tnk said:
i know whatever i say wont change your mind and vice versa so why should we even bother amy
That was my point. Why even post it I mean? ;)

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no its not that at all. it's nothing personal towards u or anyone. i guess im just frustrated with the new members lately not following rules, posting threads for just about everything, and not to mention the people who sign up and the first post is a FS one. but this isnt a rant/rave thread so it stops here

me/

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so your sayin when i agree with someones post im not following the rules?

kwtorbe

5+ Year Member
I did the hose method of finding leaks and water definitely comes in those clip areas. Even with my bumper clipped in and looking good I had water come in there. I siliconed it up now.

Also, check out the flap thingy behind the trunk carpet on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I think it is for ventilation of some kind or maybe to let water out in case of flood? Well anyway it leaks on my car too. Should I silicon it shut?

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kwtorbe said:
I did the hose method of finding leaks and water definitely comes in those clip areas. Even with my bumper clipped in and looking good I had water come in there. I siliconed it up now.

Also, check out the flap thingy behind the trunk carpet on the driver's side rear quarter panel. I think it is for ventilation of some kind or maybe to let water out in case of flood? Well anyway it leaks on my car too. Should I silicon it shut?
so did silcone on the clips work?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kwtorbe said:

Did you spray the hose with pressure onto the places it's leaking? Or did you just let it flow gently over the car?

I don't think there's anyway that flap could leak with the bumper on and such.

Togea Man

5+ Year Member
my hatchi was leaking in through where the read panel and the side panel join. I had to take out my light as it was covering the little crack. If u have a leaking problem try checking under ur tail light to see if there are any spots where the paint is cracking and try siliconing it up, it worked for me. hope this helps =)

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
change your tail light gaskets brah

ashley1728

5+ Year Member
damp roof.

i'm not sure where my leak is coming from.. or if there even is one.. but my ceiling is damp, mostly only when it's raining or damp outside... anyone know anything about this:?: