5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Good writeup connie .....

you know some ricers are going to use this for the wrong things :lol:

I know... you can only imagine all the emails I have recieved already. :evil:

chartinael

5+ Year Member
real nice write up .... I didn't even sand my plastic pieces ... I used dupli-color plastic primer and plain acryl-paint for the kickplanels and window switch garnishes and shifter console (as I cannot afford the Ek4 black interior right now) and it worked well ....

kristin

bonestockcx

Honda Freak
5+ Year Member
This is how to do your interior no questions asked hands down!!!

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks damn good! I hate the tan interior that came with the blue 01-03 civic... I think this is a project that is gonna sit on my back burner untill school is out. Extremely detailed writeup and great advice!! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wouldnt the paint come off the dashboard easily, because it is spongey?? How well does the paint stay on the vinal surfaces? I have tan interior and want to do i black, so im considering this project, but because the tan is light, any little chip in the paint will be very noticable....thanks

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great write-up. I just got done doing my shifter/e-brake console in black and it came out flawless. Im going to slowly be doing the whole interior over the next few weeks. Im planning to get some Recaro knock offs this summer but until then I was wondering if you thought that painting the seats with the duplicolor fabric stuff would work till then? Thanks a ton for the time and effort put into this.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sry to revive an old thread but i wanna know the status of the interior on ur white hatch. any chips? flaws? how often have you had to do any touch ups. i was thinking about doing this as my last summer DIY this year before summer ends

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know, this sounds too good to be true. I have ugly blue in my hatch and this would def be cheaper than replacing all the parts out with interior parts a the "JY". Hows the color doing? I'd hate to do this only to have to do this as a yearly routine because of chipping and the like.

Despite my "cynicalness" it looks great.

EF Honda EF

Step 6- Using Krylon Gray Primer Paint primer panels applying only one coat.
(Primer optional or if different color than paint; Skip to Step 8.)
Step 7- Let primer dry for 15 minutes.
Step 8- Using Krylon Fusion for Plastic Paint(any color you choose), shake can. From left to right spray a light coat of paint onto the panel.
(Be sure to cover all visible sides.)

[Step 3- Remove seats with a 14mm socket for bolts.
after you spray the primer you should take a tack rag and go over the primer. picks up all the over spray and any dirt, allows it to be a whole lot smoother.
Seats are 12mm bolts

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what colors have you done in the other cars?

if i were to do this, i would probably paint the carpet red... like type-r.. im afraid it would be too ricey though? like, maybe just go authetic jdm and buy the red carpet...

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this tutorial was awesome connie
i read it then instantly wanted to to a project like that on my civic, so i did
i sanded then primed all the stuff first though, and i used clear coat after painting to protect the paint and make it more glossy, i found it worked extremely well though. without this tutorial i wouldnt have probably done it so thanks! it makes the car look so much newer and crisper and cleaner, good job.

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
ok yea i should have joined this forum earlier!!!!! so I painted my carpet and my floor mats last weekend because well me and my friend were bored... it turned out decent but the carpet feels gritty almost but I used fabric paint that I bought from Home Depot. is there anyway to fix this?

prodigy803

5+ Year Member
Also another thing for your floor boards what about all the wiring and the Ebrake lines that run through? I have a 99 CX hb and all I took out everything besides the panels and drivers seat.

Feli

5+ Year Member
on m y 88 civic i got sum carpet like s**t on my doors,how can i clean that n what kinda paint can i sue on it?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did this and painted the whole inside of my car black. back seats, headliner, and all panels. i used duplicolor adhesion promoter and then duplicolor fabric/vinyl paint and rustoleum plastic paint. looks way nicer. i actually got a couple friends to want to do this now

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
just did my rear today came out good but i was dumb and put rubbing compound on rear pannels and its a lil cloudy in the cracks but hopefully it will go away.