How to: LED Climate control and Brake Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should follow roughly the same steps. removal will probably differ a little.

Silverbullet114

Built Not Bought
5+ Year Member
Can I just replace the bulbs that im taking out of the climate control. I'd rather not ad a strip. Also do you know what # those bulbs are that your taking out thanks.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can I just replace the bulbs that im taking out of the climate control. I'd rather not ad a strip. Also do you know what # those bulbs are that your taking out thanks.
You can, but LEDs dont disperse light as well as incandescent bulbs do so you will have hot and cold spots. Once you figure out what # bulbs those are, go to superbrightleds.com or autolumination.com and you can order LEDs that are a plug and play replacement.

Mr.McGreedy

5+ Year Member
wow insane but nice write up...lol, not how i did my last set. i didnt use a strip in mine i actually used 1 led for each button and so on using a resistor for each led. i didnt even think to use the strip. but looks hella good and if u want to do that to your bezzle also holler at me and ill post up a how to....

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay.. you have an aftermarket radio... and your car is 96-98.... so how do you get your interior dome light to come on when you open the door?? if it does that... on mine when the aftermarket cd player went in the light stopped coming on when the door opened

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is correct. When I installed my aftermarket headunit, my dome light still worked when i opened the door. Never heard of that problem before.

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
it looks amazing I am very pleased with the results now i got all my friends trying to get me to do it to their car lol

Shaimus

the best
5+ Year Member
im diggin the license plate lights, anyone have any problems with these getting too hot and melting your covers?

and the dome light not comming on is an easy fix. any GOOD how to thread will tell you how to fix it. mine was the same way but you just have to jump two wires.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks. LED's are very efficient and barely heat up. But to answer your question, I haven't had any problems yet.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just have the LED bulbs for my plate, i think they are a little less or just as bright as the strip you put in. it's a good $10 mod tho. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.