Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ cool. post some pics!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay.. you have an aftermarket radio... and your car is 96-98.... so how do you get your interior dome light to come on when you open the door?? if it does that... on mine when the aftermarket cd player went in the light stopped coming on when the door opened
I might be able to help with this. so when i had a 97 EX i had a sony xplod head unit installed and after they installed it the power locks didnt work and neither did the dome light. i looked into it and there were TWO different harnesses for atermarket CD players. on for cars with the security(cars with the keyless entry) and the ones without (DX model). dont know if this is your problem but i hope it helps!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great write up I will be trying to do this but I am debating on whether to go blue or white?

ocdjg

5+ Year Member
Awesome write up man. I wish I found this post when I did mine. Here are pics of how my center console came out, I went with the white diodes for mine btw...

I also swapped out the leds behind the buttons...

Instead of putting in a strip of leds I used 4 leds, two in each socket, to light up the back of the console. For the most part its even with just some slight dim spots at the ends of the console as you can see in my pics. Its really not as bad as the pic shows though.

abepenner10

5+ Year Member
my climate control lights stopped working a year ago. do i need to replace the lights or what do you thin it could be?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my climate control lights stopped working a year ago. do i need to replace the lights or what do you thin it could be?
Try looking for a blown fuse under your steering wheel in the fuse panel. There are two bulbs in the climate control so the chance that both of them burnt out at the same time is pretty slim imo.

dpt0415

Here's how mine came out. Thanks for the write up dude.

idk why the pics look so blurry. but it looks really nice in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.