How To: O2 Sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
**************All this info is borrowed from EPhatch.com***********************​

Available at your local automotive store. Spark Plug Non Fouler PN 42009 ($4.99)

You now need to drill out 1 of the non foulers using a 1/2" drill bit. When finished this is what it will look like.

Side by Side comparision of the orignal and now modified non foulers

o2 Sensor inserted in the modified non fouler

Second, unmodified non fouler now installed on modified non fouler

Original non fouler->Modified non fouler->o2 sensor

Fully installed

By moving the secondary o2 sensor away from the direct path of exhaust flow and limiting what exhaust gas can get to the o2 sensor the ecu believes that there is a functioning cat still in the system.

I personally used this on my EP3. It worked for 1,000 miles then i sold all the parts and put her back to stock. I am not sure what other Civics this will work on but i am assuming it will work on any OBD2 cars. but for 5 bucks its worth a try.

This was posted primarly for dank24.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah..I just installed mine...went in nice and smooth :naughty:

so...i'm just having a burger while the battery is disconnected....once i'm done, i'll go re connect it and see how it goes..! :thumbup:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thing works great!!!

I should have done this in the first place instead of getting one of those electronic MIL eliminators.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*WARNING* Lame question alert!

What is the benefit of performing this mod? Is this just for those that are running a single O2 sensor setup with an OBD2 ECU?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its for the people running high flow cats, or not running a cat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.