How To: OEM Honda S2000 AP2 (04-05) Steering Wheel on Your EK

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, it looks good. I personally like the look of the ap1 better in the sense that it has that perforated look on the wheel. The center badge looks good on both the ap1 and ap2. But .5" smaller than ap1 might be worth it. I really like the ap1 wheel i have in my car right now, it totally changes the look of the interior but this ap2 might be worth looking into.
Definitely.

Dammnnnn!!!
lookin' good there fellas...

JTD Assc

Hi i know this is from earlier this year,but is it possible that you put back up the pics of the installation

thanks

qwertyuiop

Rockin' Out the Sedans!
I have a 1996 vti here in the philippines, I dont have airbag and cruise control, how do I remove those? =))

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

EvospecD

S2000 steering wheel in an EK

Hello everyone
So after spending 48 hours of relentless searching I was only able to locate 3-4 posts that detail installation of an S2000 steering wheel in an EK (mine is a 2000 Si), the problem was all the pictures are no longer visible so all the instructions are not available. Knowing that an AP1 or AP2 would be a simple plug and play I went and found my self an AP1 steering wheel.
I removed the old wheel per instructions still visible (pretty simple) Than came the hard part....I was set on having cruise control...that proved to be a real challenge as there is not one post that describes the wiring. You do have to splice and re-wire the S2K harness into the civic harness, luckily they both have three wires each. After 4 times and lots of frustration I was able to find the right combination of course with the help of a very good friend:

S2K harness: into Civic harness:
Light green/red - Gray
Blue/red - Red
Light green/black - Blue

Air bag plugged right in but I have SRS light on (will try to reset)

Driving impression : awesome, it feels great, grips are perfect, it's lighter than Si wheel making the steering feel more communicative, more natural, it's smaller in diameter yet does not block any of the gauges, and I have it in the lowest position.
Best money spent so far, the car feels so much more of a drivers car now, great mod.......

Hope this saves some one lots of headaches....as I endured two days of frustration trying to figure out the correct wiring for CC.