How To: PCV Valve Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJKeehn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They have something to do with V-tec is what my hanes manual says. So if you have v tec I guess you need the 90 deg one and if non vtec I guess the straigh one?

koblerone

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm, that's werd because the 90 degree one was listed fo rthe 91 civic si and it didn't have vtec. maybe their database is just f**ked. i don't even have my manifold yet so i guess i'll just wait and see what works for me..they're only like 5 or 6 bucks so maybe i'll buy both and just try them out.
thanks for the input anyway though.

Tedeschi193

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 2000 honda civic does the same thing only when its cold but when it warms up its fine. i also have a obd1 ecu in mine and when i put my obd2 back in it doesnt do it anymore. if u fix the problem let me no and i do the same if i fix it. thanks

TJKeehn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tedeschi193 said:
my 2000 honda civic does the same thing only when its cold but when it warms up its fine. i also have a obd1 ecu in mine and when i put my obd2 back in it doesnt do it anymore. if u fix the problem let me no and i do the same if i fix it. thanks
Hey I forot I had this post up, but I still haven't fixed the probelm. It doesn't stall since I messed with my idle set screw but I tested my MAP and other little electronic gadgets on there and my MAP turned out to be bad. I haven't replaced it yet b/c of money. College sucks for that. Well hope it might work for you.

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Though a PVC could cause some issues, just because you have low idle it doesnt mean this will fix it..

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude no 88-91 hondas civics/crx had vtec. What are you talking about. Check the FITV. Might need to be screwed back in. Its under thottle body.

5thGenCX

long gearing owns me.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to be off topic, but my parts store gave me a replacement PCV for my 1.5 non-VTEC and it is straight, doesn't have the L-bend that my old one had. Will this affect the motor in any way?

TJKeehn

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How would you go about getting a new MAP sensor. I have called and asked and I read that you need a whole new throttle body, but that is some money to drop when yoru in college. So I guess a junk yard? Let me know if you know of a place.

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine idles at 600rpms sometimes... sometimes 750 rpms but i never turns off... and i have an intake so i dont have that tube thing connected to my engine i have lil breathers...

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought a PCV a while back to replace mine... whether it needed it or not. (precautionary) I get under my car and can't find the stock one anywhere. I even went by the service manual and nothing. the only thing I can find on the vacuum hose coming from the intake mani is a 4" metal box. Are JDM motors any different? I blew my motor and replaced it with a JDM D16y8. Any help is appreciated.

ahs2m2

5+ Year Member
Where is this pcv valve located on a non-vtech engine?
Picture would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.