NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Civicpmp said:
HAHAHA, Yea, why would you park your car without Parking brakes, or leaving on neutral? Well if I think it's kind of hard if the tow a car with the brakes on. Not only that, I got a autolock on it as well. So it will be hard to even step on the brake to get in neutral.
It can be forced into neutral or the clutch lock can be bent/broken. On autos you just have to put something into the shift lock I believe.
*SilverBullet* said:
I'm talking about after they break into your car and take all that s**t off if they don't wanna turn the car on where it is than they can just tow it somewhere else using those gay tow hook's.I'm not talking about doing it with it in gear and everything durrrrrr..
Why would they not want to turn the car on? And again, the aftermarket tow hook isn't going to make it that much easier or anything. There is a stock tow hook. It's just not all shiny and showy.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would they not want to turn the car on? And again, the aftermarket tow hook isn't going to make it that much easier or anything. There is a stock tow hook. It's just not all shiny and showy.
Umm maybe they wouldn't wanna wake up the owner or any neighbor's.You know thieves do that you know they'll push it down the street or sumthin and then turn the car on.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*SilverBullet* said:
Umm maybe they wouldn't wanna wake up the owner or any neighbor's.You know thieves do that you know they'll push it down the street or sumthin and then turn the car on.
I still don't see how an aftermarket tow hook is going to make this turn out any different then.

JDM-JNKY

In JDM We Trust
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright I'm done jesus fukin christ

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now you are being annoying... If you don't liek the idea of having one, then don't get one. Does it really matter to you? Does it bug you that poeple have it? So what if they have it, if you think this is a good right up then stick with it, other get the what out of this thread. We don't need your comments. I don't think the other would care what your saying anymore. This a thread about tow hook, HOW TO INSTALL it, NOT TO TALK CRAP about it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Civicpmp said:
Now you are being annoying... If you don't liek the idea of having one, then don't get one. Does it really matter to you? Does it bug you that poeple have it? So what if they have it, if you think this is a good right up then stick with it, other get the what out of this thread. We don't need your comments. I don't think the other would care what your saying anymore. This a thread about tow hook, HOW TO INSTALL it, NOT TO TALK CRAP about it.
I hope you weren't talking to me (you didn't quote anyone so I don't know who this is directed towards)... because I wasn't talking crap about it. In fact I was defending it against the "making it easier to steal" nonsense.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about Silverbullet.

If you don't like the, then don't get it. Ifyou have good, or bad, more tips on the how install the hook? Be my of it, then itguess to answer or ask, if you don't have any it's not the place for you. Hooks are hooks, stock can be stolen, aftermarket can stolen. The hook are to install for easier acess during towing up instead of the chain rubbing against your bumber or lip. Placing your paint and bumber at risk.... Not worth towing a car that can ruin your paint job, dent, or etc...

This discussion is over...

dragonfly2k3

5+ Year Member
to be honest, you're all pretty f**king stupid. If breaking a window doesnt make too much noise i doubt starting the car would. The only time i can imagine that a car with any form of exhaust would make that much more noise than breaking a window. Also, there is a factory tow hook. It, of course, like all exterior mods is useless. "this thing serves no purpose" nor does a lip, sidemarkers, amber corners, or 50/50 tails.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to be honest, you're all pretty f**king stupid. If breaking a window doesnt make too much noise i doubt starting the car would. The only time i can imagine that a car with any form of exhaust would make that much more noise than breaking a window. Also, there is a factory tow hook. It, of course, like all exterior mods is useless. "this thing serves no purpose" nor does a lip, sidemarkers, amber corners, or 50/50 tails.
Wait... you think people break windows to steal Civics? And you call us dumb?

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think we should stop arguing before this thread be close by mods, I don;t want that. hehe. I don;t think people want that too... hehe What if people need help, asking question about installing? Well... you know, just her to show how it works and how cool it looks on a car. hehe

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The hook does serve purpose, amber side marker does serve purpose, lip make car look good... Stock tow hook? sucks...

Imaging you have a lower, trying to find them in the dark will be a B. when you need to tow it because you might have to lay on the floor to find it. Second using stock tow hook can scratch your bumber by rubbing chain or rope, with the after market tow hook sticking out, no worry for scratch.

Sidemarkers are useful when you can't see the front, nor the side of a car that changes to your lane. People use that to signal you know? So if they signal? marker blink, when it blink, get out there way so not accidents apply. I think having sidemarkers should required in all vehicles, its safe, easy to see because I know I sometime switch in lane with some other dude as well. We can't see each other signal because we are side by side.

Lip is for the looks. It's better than a body kit because it's lighter, can be cheaper, easy to install. Some people like lips because they perform well by light weight. My opinion, they look nicer than Body kits.

Mugen.Kid

5+ Year Member
You gotta have them on! At first i was a sceptic like SilverBullet, but after having my car towed a few hours ago, it was a pain in the ass trying not to crack my front lip.. I am getting some ASAP!!

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea. Tow hook is a great investment. I really like it and save alot lip from towing. Hassle too.

Ej8civic

5+ Year Member
what happend to the pictures? cant see them, all these DIY i keep seeing the pictures are gone :(

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i honestly don't know why. It's been like this... I didn't move or anything.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no problem, if you need help, let me know and I can try explain to u.