Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoi

coming back to cars...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
**DIY** Removal of seatbelt light

This is extremely simple, despite what some may think. First, I don't support not wearing seatbelts while the car is in operation, but a good handful of people (myself included) despise wearing them. Not using them can kill your ass, and rack up a handsome pile of seatbelt citations. I recieved number four this morning. If you regularly do not use a seatbelt, you probably have noticed the seatbelt light above your speedometer remains on for the duration of your trip. It annoys the s**t outta me, so I wanted to get rid of it.

(This was all done on a '96 coupe, your car may be different)
First step, remove the four bolts holding your seat down, there should be two on the front, one on each side, and two in the back. The bolt on the back right has a plastic cover over it, which you simply pry off (but gently, so you dont break it). The seat should come right out, but there is a wire refusing to let the seat go. This is the bastard that tells your dash when your seatbelt is not in use. Cut it. Remove the wiring from both ends (I did not remove anything past the carpet, but rather cut it close, and tucked it in.) Once everythings neat looking , bolt the seat back on, and wala, no more seatbelt light ever again.

Sorry for the lack of pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.