How to remove egg from CAR?!

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Wow it seems someone egged my car when I went to leave the parking lot and theres yellow yolk stains dripping down on my passenger side door and also the driver side door handle is sticky. The stuff won't seem to come off with water and I heard it will take off the paint if i scrub it. Even worst my window was a bit open and some egg got inside the door more like the panel side. WOuld u guys have any info on how to CLEAN it up? Does insurance cover any of this and would it raise my rates? Right now I AM pretty :evil: mad.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the coverage all depends on your policy. if it can be claimed, it could increase your premium depending upon recent prior claims.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HOT water w/ dish soap but you'll have to wax that car after that, and even try some bug and tar remover

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would take it to the car wash and if you remove it IMMEDIATELY WHICH YOU PROBABLY DID NOT it comes of like anything. Take it to the car wash. You rates wont go up dramtically unless its your fault which this is not or unless s**t keeps happening. My insuirance paid my old sentra off due to theft and my wife got into a wreck which was not her fault and my rate is the same no change.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay... first of all I hope it wasn't sitting in the sun for too long. If it's been setting for too long it's going to be more difficult to remove and might even have heat damaged your paint and clearcoat a bit.

Soak a cloth in vinegar and lay it on the egg to soften it up. The vinegar will help to dissolve the egg. Just watch out though because the longer the egg sits on your paint the more likely it will eat away at your clearcoat.

Adhesive remover might also work if you need something else.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Yea.. good thing I only let it sit for probably less than an hour, I use dish soap and hot water and the egg came off pretty easily. It looks pretty good now but I will probably have to wash & wax the whole car.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Steven5210 said:
Yea.. good thing I only let it sit for probably less than an hour, I use dish soap and hot water and the egg came off pretty easily. It looks pretty good now but I will probably have to wash & wax the whole car.
yea you'll have to wax it because the dish soap takes wax off, thats why i recomended it

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
amy I love you, lol
:rolf: Don't tell Eran. :scurred: :laugh:
Steven5210 said:
Dish soap works well too, but usually on newer egg that has sat as long.

Definately wash and waax it afterwards though. I'd recommend you to get an actual car wash soap to wash it from now on after this. =) Dish soaps over time can do bad things to your car. They don't just strip wax, they strip oils from the paint and moldings. Emergency situations like this are completely understandable though.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
HMm i see, what brand of car wash soap do you recommend? I dont think i can wash the car today the earliest is probably tomorrow is that ok or will the dish soap do more to my car paint?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Funny you should mention dish soap.

You can also use automatic dishwashing detergent (liquid), hot water, a soft cloth, and a softer touch.

Automatic dishwasher detergent has nonionic surfactants that attack proteins like egg, milk, fats, etc... It also lowers the surface tension in the water to make it dry in sheets instead of spots and holds the stuff that makes water spots in suspension. It would be great for washing your car all the time if it weren't for the fact that it also has corrosives in it like chlorine and boric acid. But just for removing a protein stain like egg or a big ass smear that leads up to half a dried Cicada? It works pretty good.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Use the mr clean s**t available at your local parts store that will clean and make the car shiny my bro uses it on his srt 4 every week and it looks nice and clean.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jcmrules said:
Use the mr clean s**t available at your local parts store that will clean and make the car shiny my bro uses it on his srt 4 every week and it looks nice and clean.
The Mr. Clean filter is useful, but when I used it on my car before it was overall a piece of crap. It left water spots everywhere (and my car is kept very well waxed). Glad I didn't buy it. My ex bought it for himself and he too was disappointed with it on his black Firebird. He vowed never to use it again and I never saw him use it after that.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mothers products are really good I have used their waxes and other products they are really good and wipe off nice.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont know how to get it off but I do know how to prevent it..... Quit pissing f**king people off

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I went to a local body shop here and picked up some of the reallyt thick Shampoo (yes, that's what it's called) by Meguiars in the BIG bottle. Works great for me. Smells like men's cologne too.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Oh hah that mr clean commercial looked pretty good I was about to go out and buy it but I guess it doesn't look as great as it looks.