How to Replace Rear Speakers???

contactmc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a '98 Civic and am trying to replace the stock 6x9's and so far have been having no luck. I am at a loss as to how to remove the speakers. It looks like the whole panels need to be removed. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shouldnt an owner's manual tell you how to do that? I think that would work, just go into an auto parts store and read how to get to your 6x9's and just remember. But dont buy the book lol.

contactmc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah...checked the manual initially, but had nothing about replacing the speakers.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "92CivicVX"

Shouldnt an owner's manual tell you how to do that? I think that would work, just go into an auto parts store and read how to get to your 6x9's and just remember. But dont buy the book lol.

:evil: i work at a parts store and i hate it when people stand around reading the manuals. everyday we repackage all of the opened ones and put up signs saying "do not open manuals" but no, people rip the packaging right off, throw em on the counters, then walk around the damn store reading...

[schild=17 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]DO NOT OPEN MANUALS[/schild]

eh...but if it works, go for it

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

92CivicVX said:

:evil: i work at a parts store and i hate it when people stand around reading the manuals. everyday we repackage all of the opened ones and put up signs saying "do not open manuals" but no, people rip the packaging right off, throw em on the counters, then walk around the damn store reading...

[schild=17 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]DO NOT OPEN MANUALS[/schild]

eh...but if it works, go for it
hahahah i am one of those people that do that lol!!! :rolf:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to get at those 6x9's you will need to remove the rear side panels and the rear deck panel (with a bit of force)........ to remove the sides you'll need to pull the back seat............ have fun

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow...stereo places do all that? i figured it would be easier than that...but what do i know, i just accept getting ripped off by installation prices

contactmc

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

to get at those 6x9's you will need to remove the rear side panels and the rear deck panel (with a bit of force)........ to remove the sides you'll need to pull the back seat............ have fun

Dang! I didn't think it was going to be that complicated to replace a few speakers. Can anyone provide some sorta diagrams or "how to" manual-like documents?

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to go into your trunk and thier should be some bolts or screws holdin the speaker up. you also need to remove the seaker cover. unscrew the the thing that is holding the seaker in place. unplug your seaker and then remove it. its not that hard.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first thing is disconnect the battery. then pput down the back seats and remove the side and top panels. after that is all off. there will be srews holdin the speakers in. unscrew them and the disconnect the speaker. then connect you new speakers and then put the screws back in the speaker and put all of the panels on and you will have good soundin spealers.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in the last two posts speaker was spelled three different ways and misspelled four times....... :lol:

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

in the last two posts speaker was spelled three different ways and misspelled four times....... :lol:
engresh nott neaded two poste on clubbcivec :shock:

CiViKgrl99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, my bro juz changed my front and back speakers...the front's pretty simple but the back take's some serious work. The seats gotta come out, then the back dash has to go and then finally the side paneling. There's hella screws everywhere, on the seats and paneling so you gotta make sure you get 'em all. In addition, the side paneling is mounted w/some fasteners, so you gotta pull pretty hard to get 'em out and then shove 'em back in pretty hard until they snap in place. I've seen some how-to's around online, so take a look around...not sure exactly where though.