joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Resetting your ECU

After engine mods, you want to reset your ECU to take advantage of the new mods.

Start the car and let it warm up
Turn the car off
Pull the ECU fuse under the hood -or- disconnect the battery
Let it sit for at least 5 minutes
Reconnect the ECU fuse under the hood -or- Reconnect the battery
Start the car again and let it idle for 5 minutes (don't be pressing the gas or listening to the stereo or anything)
Turn the car off
Start it back up and have fun driving.
Or you can leave the ECU alone and it will slowly adjust over 6 months or so

sr90civic

5+ Year Member
what excactly does the ecU stand for and do

ikillradio

and it regulates your fuel management and air intake and everything its your comp for your whole car

cam043

cam043
5+ Year Member
does anybody have a pic of the ecu fuse under the hood or just tell me where it's at for a 97 civic dx.......thanks. and does doing so help at all?

JDMth3oryTC3

5+ Year Member
^^just pull your battery. quicker, except you have reset all your damn radio stations, bugs the crap outta me.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its real simple...its all marked on the cover of the in engine fuse box.

hondaboi95

5+ Year Member
ok.... when i replaced my gasket on my intake manifold and put it back on it started to idle.... if i reset it will it work??

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just pull the damn ecu in a 5th or 6th gen... hell thats what I do to reset it, lol.

94EG_

Boats N' Hoes !!
5+ Year Member
I have a Alpine Stereo system with a Alpine Capacitor, everytime I try to re-set my ECU by pulling negative terminal and letting ECU drain, it wont becuase my capacitor keeps sending power back to the ECU. I've got a 94' Ex where is the ECU Fuse ??

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a Alpine Stereo system with a Alpine Capacitor, everytime I try to re-set my ECU by pulling negative terminal and letting ECU drain, it wont becuase my capacitor keeps sending power back to the ECU. I've got a 94' Ex where is the ECU Fuse ??
Just disconnect the cap.

SnowCivic

5+ Year Member
Ok so recently I had a problem with a CEL that was most likely me not tightening my gas cap, so I reset the ECU. Before I did this, my car topped 120 with no problem. After I reset the ECU, my car tops at 100 at 4500 rpm. I drive a 2000 Civic Ex. Nothing special about it because from what I know everything is still stock (I bought it used so I'm not sure what's in it) Any help would be awesome.

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Stupid question but what happens if the ecu is chipped? Will it reset the ecu to factory settings?

Black96EXNC

SOHC EJ8
If running a built D16y8 is there any benefit to running a p72obd2 vs a stock EX ECU? I was told it would help because the p72 was programed for a higher powered engine? I have switched them a few times. Can't really tell a difference.