How To: Ridding SRS Light Troubles.

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How to get rid of SRS Light Troubles

This is only for people who accidentally triggered the SRS sensor, or got new airbags, dont erase it unless u have working airbags, dont want anyone getting hurt now, haha

Well first of all, u shouldnt erase the memory until u figure out why its on or off. Once u figured it out, erasing it is a snap. i have a 00 civic, but if the connector fits then it will work for any civic year, cause the connector i got was from a Honda Odyssey.

the hardest part is finding or buying the service connector, your dealer should have it ECM/PCM service connector part #07PAZ-0010100, dont worry its like $4. better than dealer charging $120 for an hour to do the same thing. i think they might also have some info at www.jdmfan.com. heres where i ordered mine, http://www.handa-accessories.com/odymaint01.html

1)Locate the yellow memory erase signal connector (for 99-00) its upper right corner side of the fuse panel. (for other application on location, check your repair manual)

2)make sure ignition is off, then connect the service connector part #07PAZ-0010100

3)dont start the car, just turn key on

4)the light should go on for 6 sec. and then go off, soon after, within 4 secs. remove connector

5)then the light should come back on, within 4 secs of it coming on, reconnect the service connector

6)the light should go off, then within 4 secs., remove the connector

7)if it was successful, SRS light should blink twice

8)turn ignition to off, wait like 15 secs

9)turn on again, SRS light should be on for 6 secs, then off

remember i tried this like 4 times before it worked, so dont get frustrated the first time if it didnt work
if i missed anything, sorry for that, tried my best, this sucker is kind of confusing to explain

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does anyone know what model the connector is for my civic?

97 Honda CX Hatch

PLEASE help me on this one

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just use a piece of electrical tape, jk

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
??? wtf?

what if i just pulled the SRS fuse thats under the dash panel? i dont have airbags, so i'm not scared of the s**t poppin out....

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just removed the cluster and took the bulb out. My light came on when I swapped out steering wheels....works like a charm.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
werd...take the bulb out...ahaha ghetto as hell...but it works...

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, for those of us that want our airbags, we might kinda be out of luck with just taking the bulb out. anyone have a good way of troubleshooting what the problem is? basically, what is everything I should check before wiping the memory. and....if the problem is still there, won't the light come on again?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, I have my bulb pulled for one reason, and one reason only:

I don't have any airbags.

I have an aftermarket wheel and an edm airbag tray.

if I still had them ... I wouldn't be so foolish and ghetto as to pull my bulb.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pulling bulbs always seemed like a bad idea to me.. but that's because I hear too often about people buying cars that are throwing all kinds of codes and someone just removed the bulb. Maybe just so they didn't have to see it and they forgot, maybe to fool a person into buying it, whatever.

It always reminds me of Homer Simpson.

mrpumpy

5+ Year Member
service connector

The key here is simply completing the circuit where the connector is to be attached. The SRS light in my '96 Civic has been on for 5 years as a result of tapping the bumper once. I used the tweezers from my Swiss army knife instead of trying to track down the service connector. I followed the sequence. First shot...worked like a charm. No more SRS light.