How To: Seafoam Motor Treatment

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Warning: Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for you messing up your motor, car or yourself.

With that said let me start. This stuff here is an all around motor treatment. It cleans injectors, unsticks valves, and clears out carbon deposits. For more info read the bottle.

It only cost about 7 bucks at autozone. It should be in the section with the aditives and looks like this VVVV

1. Get a firm grip aroud the can and turn to the back side, read and comprehend the instructions and warnings.

2. Pour 1/3 (no more, no less) of the bottle into your gas tank. I would recomend atleast a half tank of gas.

3. Pour another 1/3 into the oil. And being a mechanic, I understand the importance of oil in a motor, so when i let it sit over night im changing my oil the next day.

4. With the motor on injest the last 1/3 into the air intake system. My recomendation for fuel injected mpfi motors is to disconect the brake booster hose (red arrow is pointing to it) and use it to suck it in like a staw. Do this slowly or your motor will stall. And because of the pressure loss in the intake manifold , your ilde might jump, its normal.

The one and ONLY benifiet of dpfi, I just poured it in. :D

Oh my Gawd! Its Smoking!

Thats normal, its all the carbon deposits burning off.

More smoke...

After pouring everything in, close everything up and replace all the caps and drive. Drive your car hard for like 10 mins, or untill it stops smoking. and yes it will smoke hard.

The end result: better throttle responce, smoother idle, and a little more power.

Dificulty meeter: 3/10 - because its just pour and go, but it takes some webos to wach all the smoke coming out your car.

Last but not least, i would like to give a shout out to all my Hi Desert peeps and all my old runners from Riverside. Big ups to God and Christine at Autozone, and all my hommies on Scc, CC, H-T, NWP etc.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice write up. :thumbs up. I need to do this to my motor. How exactly do you know how much 1/3 is of the can? Did you get out a measuring cup and measure that way?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok, so after doing this...did you change your oil the next day...?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jason uses a mason jar. Makes it even easier.

Did this to my car though and it's better. Still want that tranny on though. Soon...
Genuine Rolla said:
ok, so after doing this...did you change your oil the next day...?
Go for a "spirited" drive at a constant 3500-4500rpms.

Then when you get back change your spark plugs and your oil.

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehhh i guestimated, ive done it maybe 15 times. you could use a measuring cup if you want.

yea im changing my oil and plugs 2moro.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks amy and mastershake!!

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
Last but not least, i would like to give a shout out to all my Hi Desert peeps and all my old runners from Riverside. Big ups to God and Christine at Autozone, and all my hommies on Scc, CC, H-T, NWP etc.
God works at Autozone?:shock:

:lol: Nice writeup man I've been wanting to try this but it looks scary.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice write up! i've been wantin to see a write up for this for a while

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Jason uses a mason jar. Makes it even easier.

Did this to my car though and it's better. Still want that tranny on though. Soon...

Go for a "spirited" drive at a constant 3500-4500rpms.

Then when you get back change your spark plugs and your oil.

So no redlining??:lol:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did this with my car. Had 172k miles :oops:. I was risking it but I only did 1/3 thru the bb line.

Drive your card HARD. I redlined mine. I redlined a few times and also drove normal a few times. The only thing that went wrong was I killed my primary o2 sensor. Seeing that it hasn't been changed for 172k miles, it died within seconds of pouring the seafoam in rofl.

Nice write-up!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not necessarily. Use a narrow ended funnel and put it to the end of the line and slowly pour it in.

I have no idea why anyone would stick the big ass holed line into a container of seafoam and just let it suck it up. Besides, you're not supposed to just let it suck it in. Supposed to slowly let the engine suck for a quick second, then let it breathe, then little more, breathe, etc. etc.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jason and I used the brake booster line, and it worked just fine. You just give it little sips from the jar/can and rev it at the throttle a little bit (I revved the motor while he let it sip from the mason jar). No need for pouring, no need for a funnel. Just be careful with it, and be smart about it. Also, the brake booster line is ideal because it's at the center of the manifold, and allows the seafoam to run down into all four runners evenly.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what happens if you dont change the oil?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Jason and I used the brake booster line, and it worked just fine. You just give it little sips from the jar/can and rev it at the throttle a little bit (I revved the motor while he let it sip from the mason jar). No need for pouring, no need for a funnel. Just be careful with it, and be smart about it. Also, the brake booster line is ideal because it's at the center of the manifold, and allows the seafoam to run down into all four runners evenly.
I just used a funnel because I couldn't get the end of the tubing off to use to suck in the sea foam. I tried to use some DIY's and just couldn't manage to get the tubing off. So I resorted to taking the end of the tubing off the intake manifold and directly funneling the stuff into the metal tube.

CRX_dude said:
so what happens if you dont change the oil?
It lowers the viscosity of the oil = makes it thinner = bad. Pretty much what happens.

jdmef90

4g.... the best "G"
5+ Year Member
So this stuff actually works?
You guys can feel the difference in your cars?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when ever i do this my car never smokes....does this mean i am doin somethin wrong?