How To: Subs And Amp Mounting Made Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neomystic23

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Subs And Amp Mounting Made Easy

Ok so we all know that keeping are subs in place can be tricky... well let me try and help. here is my simple way of doing this and actually making it look good at the same time.

Materials/Tools needed
1. Sheet of plywood 1/2 inch thick
2. jigsaw
3. Marking Pencil
4. drill with drill bits
5. 90 degree bracket size depends on your sub box size
6. screws

Ok lets see if i can make this simple enough...
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR WIRES RUN FOR YOUR AMP AND SO FORTH IN ADVANCE.
Step 1: Fabrication
First remove the spare tire cover in your vehicle, use it as a pattern and trace around it on the piece of plywood. AFter you have traced it, cut it out so that it looks like the original piece only thicker. next try fitting it in your trunk area, to make sure that it is going to suit your needs.
You may also want to glue your carpet on to this piece or put staples to hold it in place, but if not thats fine as well.

Step 2: Installation
After doing the previous things, you will now begin to see where this is going. put the plywood in and the carpet, mount your amp to the plywood where you want it to be located, and place your sub box in place as well, now drill holes through the carpet and the plywood to run your wires through as close to the amp locations they belong to keep that nice install look, after doing that you will want to take the 90 degree brackets, and place them in front of your sub box and screw them into the plywood and also into the sub box but use shallow screws for the sbubox.

Step 3: Enjoy
If done properly you should have a neat and clean looking system install in the trunk and also be able to remove it without any problems.

I hope this helped more than the previous write up done on this topic and if the plywood size bothers you, chances are you care more about speed than stereos anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.