How to tune-up for 07 civic coupe?

Ericspyder

Hi,

I just bought 07 civic coupe EX model. I'd like to do some regular maintenance by myself just like valve adjust, spark plug replace, MAF cleaning and Throttle clearing. I tried to search but couldn't find it. Could you tell me any post about it in DIY, please? I appreciate a lots .
Thank you.

Best Regards,

Eric

8gen_r18

spark plugs for the r18 will take you about ten minutes. you can see the four ignition coils right in front of the valve cover, cleaning the MAF and throttle body will vary. if you have to stock air box it may be a little tough to get the the throttle body but if you have a sri or cai its cake. couple bolts here couple clamps there and its off.

Ericspyder

Thank you for fast reply. my car now is 109K miles, I can hear a little noise from valve when it at idle, should I do valve adjust? Do you know valve clearance for 07 civic? Thank you for your help.

Eric

Tracyd

Procedure to tune
Measure the gap between the center and ground electrodes on all four new NGK PZFR6F-11 (or equivalent) spark plugs, using a spark plug gap tool. The 2003 Civic EX requires a gap of 0.039 to 0.043 inches. If any new plug does not measure within this range, do not adjust the gap. Exchange incorrectly gapped plugs for new ones.

Loosen the plastic screws securing the engine cover to the top of the engine, using a flat-head screwdriver. Pull the coil cover from the engine.
Unplug the wiring harness from the top of one coil pack by pressing the locking button and pulling the harness from the coil.

Remove the nut holding the ignition coil pack to the engine, using a ratchet and socket, and pull the coil pack upward with a slight twisting motion.

Remove the spark plug below the coil, using a ratchet, 6-inch extension and a spark plug socket. Remove the old spark plug from the spark plug socket and insert a new spark plug.

Hand-tighten the new spark plug into the engine, using a 6-inch extension and spark plug socket. Connect a torque wrench to the 6-inch extension and tighten the spark plug to 13 foot-pounds.

Set the coil pack on top of the spark plug and press the pack toward the spark plug until you feel it "click" into place. Tighten the coil pack nut to 8 to 9 foot-pounds, using a torque wrench and socket. Plug the wiring harness into the coil pack; listen for it to click into place.

Repeat steps 3 through 7 for the remaining three spark plugs.

Set the coil pack cover back on top of the engine and tighten the nuts, using a ratchet and socket.

Remove the seven bolts securing the air filter cover on the rear of the engine compartment, using a ratchet and socket or a Phillips screwdriver. Pull this cover up and out off the vehicle, exposing the air filter below it.

Grab the air filter and pull it from the air-filter box. Blow the debris inside air filter out with compressed air. Hold the paper element part of the filter towards sunlight. If sunlight passes through the paper element, reuse the air filter. If little or no sunlight is visible, replace the filter with a new one.

Install the new or old air filter into the air-filter box. Reinstall the air filter cover and tighten the bolts with a ratchet and socket or a Phillips screwdriver.

Check the Civic's fluid levels, including: transmission fluid, coolant, engine oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid and clutch fluid.

Ericspyder

Procedure to tune
Measure the gap between the center and ground electrodes on all four new NGK PZFR6F-11 (or equivalent) spark plugs, using a spark plug gap tool. The 2003 Civic EX requires a gap of 0.039 to 0.043 inches. If any new plug does not measure within this range, do not adjust the gap. Exchange incorrectly gapped plugs for new ones.

Loosen the plastic screws securing the engine cover to the top of the engine, using a flat-head screwdriver. Pull the coil cover from the engine.
Unplug the wiring harness from the top of one coil pack by pressing the locking button and pulling the harness from the coil.

Remove the nut holding the ignition coil pack to the engine, using a ratchet and socket, and pull the coil pack upward with a slight twisting motion.

Remove the spark plug below the coil, using a ratchet, 6-inch extension and a spark plug socket. Remove the old spark plug from the spark plug socket and insert a new spark plug.

Hand-tighten the new spark plug into the engine, using a 6-inch extension and spark plug socket. Connect a torque wrench to the 6-inch extension and tighten the spark plug to 13 foot-pounds.

Set the coil pack on top of the spark plug and press the pack toward the spark plug until you feel it "click" into place. Tighten the coil pack nut to 8 to 9 foot-pounds, using a torque wrench and socket. Plug the wiring harness into the coil pack; listen for it to click into place.

Repeat steps 3 through 7 for the remaining three spark plugs.

Set the coil pack cover back on top of the engine and tighten the nuts, using a ratchet and socket.

Remove the seven bolts securing the air filter cover on the rear of the engine compartment, using a ratchet and socket or a Phillips screwdriver. Pull this cover up and out off the vehicle, exposing the air filter below it.

Grab the air filter and pull it from the air-filter box. Blow the debris inside air filter out with compressed air. Hold the paper element part of the filter towards sunlight. If sunlight passes through the paper element, reuse the air filter. If little or no sunlight is visible, replace the filter with a new one.

Install the new or old air filter into the air-filter box. Reinstall the air filter cover and tighten the bolts with a ratchet and socket or a Phillips screwdriver.

Check the Civic's fluid levels, including: transmission fluid, coolant, engine oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid and clutch fluid.
Do I need to clean throttle body of my car? It has 109Kmiles already. Thanks

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can clean the carbon from the throttle body, but don't touch the MAF sensor. You could do more harm to your MAF sensor than good.