How To: Type R Style Front Lip Installation

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey dude .. i got a Mugen replica lip and u know how does come with 2 screws in the middle of the lip if i take them off will my lip fall off or what ? will it look messed up??

Thanks Man

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GOOSE said:
hey dude .. i got a Mugen replica lip and u know how does come with 2 screws in the middle of the lip if i take them off will my lip fall off or what ? will it look messed up??

Thanks Man
It probably won't fall off, but it will probably bow up in the middle a bit. Maybe try some doublesided 3M adhesive tabe. But if you take the screws out, you'll have two little holes in the top. If I were you, I would just paint the heads of the screws. I've got two screws holding my cf mugen style lip on...I used some black ones so that they are barely noticable. The holes were pre-drilled so I kinda had no choice, but it doesn't bother me...the lip fits like a glove.

You can see the black screws in the top of the lip on either side of the license plate. (soon to be relocated)...wink...wink.

xmlc216x

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you mold it in with bondo it will crack and ruin your nice molded paint job...plus bondo doesnt stick to much besides bare metal and it doesnt flex well....it will definitely crack....your best bet molding is probably fiberglass...and that will most likely crack with time too

PBzAllan

k swapped
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man soo clean .....

BaBy_BLuE_eG8

5+ Year Member
hey has anyone been told that a 95 civic type r front lip can also fit on a sedan with no mods? I was told this by a local seller and it just sounded sketchy. Let me know I'm trying to buy one this week.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, holy old ass thread revival.....

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my cuz he use tape some red tape at homedepo thats the way to do it than the dam wood thingy.
just red tape?? wouldnt that look shitty...id rather go with the peice of wood method than the red tape... unless your talking about 3M double-sided tape