How To: Window Track Maintenance

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is to help you take apart your door panel and check the window track.
If you guys need to know something else or if this seems too vague pm or reply ..:D
I couldn't put this in "how to" (because it wouldn't let me) so i put it in here?

tools you might need...
flat head screw driver
Philips head
some sort of pick, i used a small test light type pick.
3in extension
with a 10mm socket

unbolt these... granted mine is a 5th gen...

i didnt have a srew here. :lol:

take this clip off...

this is when im putting it back on with a flat head.
to take it off i used the pick..:D

then pull off window crank..

then pull door panel

here are a few pics of the inside.

make sure these are bolted..

bolt for the window trak if you need to get to them.
your should be in about the same place

i lubed my window rubber pieces with this...

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my window constantly fell off the track but now its fine cuz i put new weather stripping on but how do u fix the window from moving back and forth? my window doesnt close perfect, one side is good and the other would be off a lil

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Might want to specify what that lube was that you used. Cant really tell from the picture.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jdmallen97 said:
my window constantly fell off the track but now its fine cuz i put new weather stripping on but how do u fix the window from moving back and forth? my window doesnt close perfect, one side is good and the other would be off a lil

check the bolts that hold the window on the track. they could be loose. Or it could even be the caulking in the tabs that are at the bottom of the window..

Ian01ex said:
Might want to specify what that lube was that you used. Cant really tell from the picture.
I used meguires tire shine. you can also use black magic or anything of that nature.
Lube the weather strips on the inside for smoother operation.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm intrested in knowing what you used for Lube as well... I have had to "rebuild" my windows so many times from them falling off the track.

JDMCoupe97

Morgan
5+ Year Member
My window does the same thing, they are manual and the passanger side one slips when it nears the top and then doesnt want to stay inside the weather stripping on the side causing it to pop outward. I took the door off and tightend the bolts and screws but it still does it...any idea? Oh ya..when I had the door off and window down I tried to slide it back and forth to see if the tabs holding it were loose and it didnt move....

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an EM1 which is electric window but i have the same problem, basically its a peice of s**t!

kwtorbe

5+ Year Member
Check out How To : Realigning Windows on Tracks..... then you should be good to go.

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
the only b**** is putting the freakin door panel back on right. My EJ8 is a pain in the ass.

abepenner10

5+ Year Member
i agree with door panel problems.. my window kept falling out of the track and now my window wont open at all! what do you think would be the best thing to do?

scottt

this is to help you take apart your door panel and check the window track.
If you guys need to know something else or if this seems too vague pm or reply ..
I couldn't put this in "how to" (because it wouldn't let me) so i put it in here?

tools you might need...
flat head screw driver
Philips head
some sort of pick, i used a small test light type pick.
3in extension
with a 10mm socket

sleeper si

Registered VIP
mines has issues closing, it doesn't close and sit inside the rubber, it pops out when it closes.
electric windows bleeh