Howdy y'all

packers#1

Just joined thirty seconds ago, and liking it already. My name's Sawyer (SAW-yer, not soy-yer), and my ride is a white 1996 Civic EX Sedan. My gma bought it new in 1996, gave it to my dad in 2007 or 2008, and since he got a Buick Century in a will, my sister and I drive the Civic. However, as far as customizing etc goes, it's all me, because my sister is saving up for a Jeep =)
So far all I've done as far as changes is new speakers, receiver, and a Sound Ordnance B8-P powered sub. Also, Tuesday was my bday so there's a K&N Air Charger in the mail system somewhere on the way :cool: I also have some LED strips that I got as a present that will be installed. As far as other mods, I'm thinking grill, paint, exhaust, wayyy better receiver (the one I have is from the early 2000's and was originally my dad's replacement for his Dodge Stratus's stock one), improving the interior, and maybe new coil-over shocks and new struts for the suspension...of course that all may change since I've joined here hehe
Anyways, here's a shot of the ride. One more thing I should mention; there was an ice storm here when i was in 3rd grade and I tried to be helpful and knock the ice off with a hammer...so there's a bunch of dents that can HOPEFULLY be bondoed...otherwise I'm screwed.

Oh, and another shot of the sub ;)

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
welcome to CC looks like you got a good start. Too bad you have to share with your sister :-/ is it stick? probs not if your grandma bought it.

packers#1

welcome to CC looks like you got a good start. Too bad you have to share with your sister :-/ is it stick? probs not if your grandma bought it.
Nope, 4 speed auto :cry: I wish it was stick; I've only driven a car with that once, and it was my uncle's 350Z...I stalled 4 times :shock:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to CC. There is a lot of good knowledge of all topics on here so if you have any questions feel free to look around.

alex_n/a

stocker
use that same hammer and hit it from the other side of the dent. lol jk that's how it works but do some research before trying it. don't make it worse. or wait for summer and use dry ice. just rub the dent in a circle and should pop out by itself. unless you were hella strong 3rd grader lol.

nice car though. don't f'ed up.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thread has been cleaned.

Hey man, welcome to CC! Looks like you have a good base to build up. Glad to have you with us, and I hope
we can help you learn more about your car, and what can be done with it! :D

packers#1

use that same hammer and hit it from the other side of the dent. lol jk that's how it works but do some research before trying it. don't make it worse. or wait for summer and use dry ice. just rub the dent in a circle and should pop out by itself. unless you were hella strong 3rd grader lol.

nice car though. don't f'ed up.
Dry ice eh? huh
Thanks for the welcome guys

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to club civic
I used dry ice on a hood off one of my old cars and it got a few of the dents out so its worth a shot.

packers#1

sweet, definitely gonna give that a shot.
I also wanna do something with the wheels, but I definitely don't want to drop the cash on some rims. I've been thinking about getting some wheel covers, but repainting the wheel underneath with Duplicolor. anyone think this is a terrible idea? I think the Duplicolor Caliper paint would work well, or maybe engine block paint, to hold up to the beating of the road. I've found some decent wheel covers, what have y'all done and is it worth the wheel covers or should I suck it up and get rims?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have 'wheel covers' now. Leave your hubcaps on, take them off and showcase nasty steelies, get rims(if you do, lower it first), or leave it alone. "Aftermarket" hubcaps are ridiculous. Spend that $20-30 on covers towards a tune up instead.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this no reason to spend the money if you dont have to.
For wheels to really look good youll have to spend the money on legit rims.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
just an idea, have your steelies dipped in chrome!? or polished i think that would look pretty good lol. just an idea.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Car looks pretty clean from what I can see. And it's been in the family this whole time so at least you know it's history and maintenance record which is a HUGE plus. Depending on your taste, it doesn't take much to make a Civic look great. IMO, SiR bumpers and front lip, aftermarket wheels, and a drop and you would be GOLDEN.

Don't hesitate to ask questions but I ask that you please search before you do. More than likely, every question you may have has been answered many times.

just an idea, have your steelies dipped in chrome!? or polished i think that would look pretty good lol. just an idea.
IMO, painted steelies is tacky and basically says, "I'm too poor for aftermarket wheels". Better to leave the hub caps on and leave it stock. I painted mine white because 1. I love white wheels 2. I hate hub caps in the snow because the snow gets packed in the little holes where you can see the steel rim and it bugs the CRAP out of me 3. I'm a ricer :cool:.

packers#1

I don't know about the steelies, from what i can see through the hubcaps they are rusted and all sorts of other junk...for chrome I'd probably just go rims. One guy I'm friends w/ on facebook suggested Integra wheels...if I'm gettin Integra seats I might as well go with wheels.
I hear ya on that search function, I'll be browsing a lot because my knowledge and car moeny are both rather low, so best to learn, drool, plan, save, and do it right the first time.
Ricer? eh, I'm not too big into those weird lights they put on them things; tailights will be stock, although I might black them out, but I dunno what exactly that is and how to do it, can anyone fill me in on that? As for headlights, i'd be looking for something to replace those piece of crap yellowed lenses, maybe these?
http://www.carid.com/1996-honda-civic-headlights/spec-d-euro-headlights-314024.html
or these?
http://www.carid.com/1996-honda-civic-headlights/cg-headlights-euro-313502.html
(btw, if y'all have suggestions, please post, i'm using carid.com because it's easy to wade through the stuff for your car, I still have a ton of research to do before doing any of this)
but this will be more of a looks car, at 186000+ miles and an automatic, i don't know what else to do for performance past the intake and exhaust, and hopefully my intake will be here tomorrow. Suspension will come later, since there's that huge bump and i have to share with my sister right now. Once she gets her Jeep, well.....hehehe.
Would the SiR bumpers etc fit on this 96 EX, or would I have to cut and remount some stuff?

packers#1

Air Charger is here! Since this is my dd i'll be installing it after school Friday. Until then, enjoy horribly lit snapshots