HX Owners, Unite!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Over the last few months Ive noticed a surprising amount HX owners on the site. Being that its not a common model, I thought it'd be interesting to see how many HX owners there are. I'd like you all to sound off with the following info...

- Year (Since most HXs are from 96-00, I posted it in this section)
- Tranny option (I believe manual transmission are very uncommon, so lets find out!)
- Mileage
- MPG (These are the most efficient EKs, so lets see how we all do)
- At least 1 Picture
- Any other info you'd like to share is welcomed

1997 / Manual 5-speed / 155k+ / 34mpg overall (Miami traffic doesnt help)
- I originally bought it to be a simple daily driver & now I really enjoy it. Its such a good car.

Last edited:

RayRayLRdisco

1999 Civic HX Coupe 5-speed, 186k, stock, other than brand new brakes and sanded and repainted my HX wheels with Duplicolor silver and clear coat. doing timing belt, tensioner, and water pump this weekend, pick up parts friday. Been geting around 37-38mpg with mix city and highway driving

this is before i painted the wheels, ill get new pics soon.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Well I'm an ex HX owner.
Mine was a 96 5 speed, in black pearl. I bought it used back in 98 while I was in high school(gas was like $1.20 for 93) I didn't know it was an HX when I bought it since it was debaged, tbh I didn't even know a HX middle was an option. I lowered it with ground control and tokico blues, then put on black Team dynamic mulitispoke rims (and got shift from everyone cause black rims weren't cool then lol) after that I put a tsunami lip kit on it, DC sports 4-1 headers, true(flanges and all) 2.5 cat back on it, and a Zex kit I hid inside the stock air box that I cut the bottom out of. Finally In 2001 I pulled the trigger and went turbo, I wanted full time power. I kept it like that for years adding better parts and turning up the boost. I sold it in like 2005 to some Mexican for $2,500 minus the turbo kit, I sold on eBay.

I was getting well into 30 mpg with the turbo. Gas was so cheap you never really watched your Mpg.

I bought it with like 47k miles and sold it with 150k+

It broke into the 12's a few times at moroso.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
96 civic hx
-manual ( ex tranny i think)
-206,000 miles
- used to get 45mpg now gets 32mpg max
The car is now turbo making 166hp 149tq at the moment (reason for 32mpg). It has been turbo since 175,000 and still as reliable as the day i got it. Dont mind the ex badge its a different trunk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where are the other HX owners?

RayRayLRdisco

I guess we're the only ones around anymore :P I need to post more pictures of mine since i fixed it up. I painted the wheels, all new brakes, genuine Honda timing belt, water pump, tensioner and coolant. castrol edge oil and bosch filter, Magnecore wires, plugs, cap/rotor. Alpine head unit, plus more to come, little bit at a time =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1997 model
166k miles
5 speed manual
26mpg on average (I dont drive it like it's meant to be driven until about 1/4 tank of gas)

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do you have any side profiled pictures with those white HX rims?
i do have some more pictures, i dont have the car now since i was rearended but now i have a 99 ex sedan.

this is when i first install them, i had just taken a week to paint them white primer then white enamel and then dried for a week

then i installed my drag dr-41

then i was rearended

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is when i first install them, i had just taken a week to paint them white primer then white enamel and then dried for a week
Thanks. Ive wanted a side shot like these to help me decide what color to paint my recently acquired HX rims. What suspension did you have on your HX?

then i was rearended
Ouch! So was it totaled by your insurance company or did you sell it?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think in that top picture i had my neuspeed lowering springs which im assuming were close to a 4 inch drop because when i got my function and form type 2 it didnt change the height of the car when i set them to the lowest. yes they totaled the car, the damage was 6800$ and the car was valued at 2600$ but they gave me 3770$ because it had turbo, exhaust wheels and all that suspension stuff. they paid me the money and i removed everything i put on the car in the last 4 years in 2 days before they came and got it. i now have this

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its been a while since any HX owners have posted and Ive seen some others around the forum.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my HX now

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love my HX now
As many of us do as well. Although technically you're hardly an official HX anymore after that monster motor swap. At least it is quite a road sleeper.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I miss my old Hx....

5 spd
35mpg around town.
166k when I sold it

Bought it with about 150k on it for $1500. Ran beautifully, minimal rot, I Love it and now miss it.
Got it for a commuter that I could subtly dress up...

One of my favorite pictures taken ( from afar) at Letchworth State Park.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive seen a few HX owners join in the recent months. Please do sound off.