HX wheels?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah the dx / lx had small brakes cause they came with 13" steelies.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
yes, they fit. you can even get VX rims, which are the same rims, only in 13" and they will fit.
negative.
hx will not fit on a ex. the rear has no problems but for the front. it rubs on the caliper. you can either get a grinder and shave off a few mm or just buy wheel spacers.

I had hx in bronze but they came painted that way. they where painted on and never had any problems with chipping

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wait...so can anyone give a diffinitive answer to the hx wheel fitment question. im curious as to whether or not my hx rims will fit an si or a teg, if i can save up the cash. i really wanna keep them but if it won't work idk...the way it looks now, im gonna paint em white.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have to grind down the caliper thats a definite.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
stil tryin to decide what color im gonna paint mine....i think white would only look good if it were the same color as the car...my gf thinks that somewhere in between bronze and gold would look good...and im thinking i wont clear coat them so that its a flat color (unless i do white)

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait...so can anyone give a diffinitive answer to the hx wheel fitment question. im curious as to whether or not my hx rims will fit an si or a teg, if i can save up the cash. i really wanna keep them but if it won't work idk...the way it looks now, im gonna paint em white.
hx's will NOT fit on an ex unless you get spacers in the front or grind the caliper bracket down on the front. i think SI's have the same or bigger brakes up front than the ex's so it would be a NO on that one 2. i dont know about tegs

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So i was searching on Honda-tech and i've never seen polished HX's till yesterday....now i cant decided...gold or polished? polished sounds like a b***h and a half to do well

edit:
and is it possible to move the wheel weights without taking the tires off, i'm at work and cant look at mine at the moment

str8venom99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i was searching on Honda-tech and i've never seen polished HX's till yesterday....now i cant decided...gold or polished? polished sounds like a b***h and a half to do well

edit:
and is it possible to move the wheel weights without taking the tires off, i'm at work and cant look at mine at the moment
mine are black now with a polished lip and im thinkin of goin fully polished but its gonna be a b***h. it was a pain in the ass to do the lip on my hx's. you can pull the wheel weights off with a pair of pliers and next time you get them ballenced get the stick on weights inside the wheel

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
polished is definitley a b***h but the results are awesome.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea they are...right now im trying to find a picture i saw yesterday at work (so i couldnt save it) of a white either civic or teg (cant remember) with polished HX's. it was either on here or on HT can anyone help me out? it was a side shot

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres what ive found so far riding polished hx

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the green civic is actually really sick ... he painted the centers where he couldnt polish gunmetal.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, i know that it would reduce the braking efficiency of the car, but ignore that. is it possible to switch a smaller civic brake set into an si in order to get a set of those sick polished hx's on? i can't imagine that anyone has done it. it doesn't really make sense unless u wanna fit ur 14's on. i was just curious.

and i see that somehow an integra got them to fit. i wonder wut size brakes they have.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the 8 millionth time, you grind down the caliper.