Hytech

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've read their website and product info, and i'm impressed, a friend i trust ( he has a pretty sucessfull shop) has told recomended me a hytech header and exhaust system, he says it is by far the best system i can install on my gsr, what are your opinions guys?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree, hytech's are one of the, if not the best headers you can buy. I've seen dyno's where they got 12hp on a stock gsr, which is amazing for just a header on that small of an engine.....the catch? They cost as much a your whole longblock and half as much as a really nice turbo kit.

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree, hytech's are one of the, if not the best headers you can buy. I've seen dyno's where they got 12hp on a stock gsr, which is amazing for just a header on that small of an engine.....the catch? They cost as much a your whole longblock and half as much as a really nice turbo kit.
agree... they have a mustang dyno, he claims that he dynoed a civic w/ a gsr swap, then bolted the hytech header onto the gsr, then dynoed it again, and it saw a gain of 26whp and 21ftlbs... more then they advertise... just be bolting it on, no ecu tuning, now, those numbers sound extreme but.. who knows... and yeah they are expensive as hell, but i'm interested in them. I think it's like $1300, but i read that they're creating a series of simillar specs to mass produce lowering the price to about $800...