i dont know my redline1?!?!??!?!?

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i havea 95 civic DX, it doesnt have a TACH and i dont know my redline and i need it because i'm going to get an autometer tach soon i believe. i just need to know what my redline is and i havent been able to find it.. heres the engine i have..
D15B7
thanks

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
6800rpm (i dont know where the revlimiter hits though)

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its 6800

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha i have that ghey ass engine, and IMO it sucks ass haha...but yeah cant be a hater i guess since i have it to :(

MorphiasX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm.... thats makes me think... cuz the civic i will probably be getting is a bone stock 95 dx hb, and thats the engine it has, unless im mistaken... Whats its downfalls? I dont plan on racing it, atleast any time soon... Its just for transportation right now...

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MorphiasX
Hmm... Whats its downfalls? I dont plan on racing it, atleast any time soon... Its just for transportation right now...
The down falls are no power, no torque, and no fun. But the gas mileage is great.

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slimstajimsta5
i havea 95 civic DX, it doesnt have a TACH and i dont know my redline and i need it because i'm going to get an autometer tach soon i believe. i just need to know what my redline is and i havent been able to find it.. heres the engine i have..
D15B7
thanks
Why not just pick up a Tach from a Ex/Si..looks better and its cheaper:lol:

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Re: i dont know my redline1?!?!??!?!?

Originally posted by Eg6xCiViC
Why not just pick up a Tach from a Ex/Si..looks better and its cheaper:lol:
well, because if i was going to get the ex/si gauge cluster then my miles on the car would be f**ked up, i relize that i can just write down the miles i have now and then the miles the new gauge cluster would have.. but my car right now only has 53,000 miles and its a 95 and i dont think many people will believe me if i tell them thats all it has if was going to sell it in the future. and i sorta want a shift light because i want to have more of my attention on the road instead of looking at my tach on when to shift. because even if i'm looking at the road, i'll still be able to notice the light. thats just a personal preference i guess

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MorphiasX
Hmm.... thats makes me think... cuz the civic i will probably be getting is a bone stock 95 dx hb, and thats the engine it has, unless im mistaken... Whats its downfalls? I dont plan on racing it, atleast any time soon... Its just for transportation right now...
well i have the 95 dx coupe, the only real downfall is that its slow, i've read that on the track a manual one runs like 16.8 with a really good driver

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I first got my dx hatch it ran 16.7 stock

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Re: Re: i dont know my redline1?!?!??!?!?

Originally posted by slimstajimsta5
well, because if i was going to get the ex/si gauge cluster then my miles on the car would be f**ked up, i relize that i can just write down the miles i have now and then the miles the new gauge cluster would have.. but my car right now only has 53,000 miles and its a 95 and i dont think many people will believe me if i tell them thats all it has if was going to sell it in the future. and i sorta want a shift light because i want to have more of my attention on the road instead of looking at my tach on when to shift. because even if i'm looking at the road, i'll still be able to notice the light. thats just a personal preference i guess
i dont see why you need a light, if your running now with NO tach at all, then not having a lite is going to be the exact same pretty much....and why would your miles be different??? is there a way to adust it somehow, to where you can put it to your miles?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ isnt there a way to take out your center gauge.. and swap it with the new gauges???

i thought you could just screw it out.... and replace it so that the new cluster has the same kilometeres....

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by abej6
^^ isnt there a way to take out your center gauge.. and swap it with the new gauges???

i thought you could just screw it out.... and replace it so that the new cluster has the same kilometeres....
yup........... each of the three sections can be separately removed with a screwdriver..............

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
:werd: thats waht i was thinking, does the odometer part even come out with the gauges
yea they come out with the gauges, you can set the miles back to what u actually have, but isnt that illegal?
well that is what i was told from someone that has done it

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only if its fruad meaning you put less miles on it if your simply changing a new odometer to meet your old odometer, it should be fine, id just take pics of your old odometer, as it is in the car when you replace it, and then take a pic of new one after you put the numbers matched, as well once its installed, becuase if you put a new one in its diff mileage any how, so fruad again

Justyntyme

5th gen civics are it.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive heard your honda dealer can reset the odometer for you too