I have a 97 Civic DX + 98 Prelude w/ H22... What do I do????

TomCo_Paints

Painter only...
Hi. This is my first posting, so please help me find the info I need... Thank You for having me and I promise to keep my postings educational... I have a very clean 97 Civic DX Coupe & a running 98 Prelude (w/ a clean H22 ) that needs too much body-work. What do I do??? How much of the 1998 Prelude can I use to upgrade my Civic??? I know that the H22 is not the preferred engine for Civics,,,but it might make a cheap and fun street car... My brothers and myself kept up with the Civic for the sake of my mother, who has then moved on to a Ford w/ power steering.... Now, the civic is mine again and I need some cost effective advice on how to proceed...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

H22 swapped Civic! :cool:

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of the cars i have is a h22 swapped 96 civic hatchback. Its a blast to drive! The jdm lsd trans i had with the swap would pop out and also had grinds, plus sychro problems, so its running a accord trans at the moment. Longer geared, but still enjoy the car.

TomCo_Paints

Painter only...
Sounds like your civic is a lot of fun! Do you know where i can look for some engine swap advice?? I would like to know what i am getting into before I make a mistake. So far, the only mods i have made are cosmetic things like new B92P paint with reconditioned headlights and 50/50 red/white tail-lights. Custom Black/Grey plaid headliner(which is sweet..) and basic trim refinishing. Plus some HX wheels with leftover graphite-like (Audi LY7G) paint. Everything looks great but it still has the d16 engine(which i refuse to upgrade until a stronger engine is in play.) I have the H22 engine and parts, but i want to know what (threads?) have some of the info i am looking for.

GooseS2000

SourPatchKid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's many things you could do, have you looked at the options of building up the d-series? you could sell the h22. and do a mini setup *basically get a z6 or y8 head* d-series is a great starter motor, if your just first getting into honda's.

also post some pictures, i'm sure everyone would love to see what your working with.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomCo_Paints

Painter only...
If i post some pictures, will they be displayed in this thread? also, how do i post the pics from an SD Card?