Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by b18c/type-rhead
what did i do last time/?
didnt you say that you had this problem from before? how did you fix it the first time? why dont you do that again.
:slap:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm i have an idea, i know the best way to fix this problem, it just hit me.....
.....GIVE ME YOUR MOTOR.....noitce the "give", and not "sell"....this will stop your car from idleing low, well becuase you wont have a motor to idle with HAHA

b18c/type-rhead

5th gen coupe handler
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hah funny dude you would like that but no i did have this problem but it went away now its back and wants to stay okay brohey

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey me again. i swaped my 92 sedan into a b16a sir2 and the rpm is kicking high as hell. and if any of you guys know why then plz help me. i'ved asked around and people just said that the b16 tranny runs like that so it's natural. ??? i on the other hand really don't know. oh yeah to you honda know it alls see if this is right. (keep in mind that i'm using the stock lx speed and rpm gauges)

1st gear redline 8000rpm @ 30mph
2nd gear redline 8000rpm @ 55-57mph ( I usually just push it till 60mph though)
3rd gear redline at 12000rpm @ 2mph!!!!!!!!! nah, i bullshit on that one. hahahaha

and another thing, on my 5th gear is like this:

2k rpm = 30 mph
32-33k rpm = 60 mph

is it supposed to kick that high? is it really just the tranny?
on my stock lx motor is was:

1st gear @ 10mph = 2k rpm
2nd gear @ 20mph = 2k rpm
3rd gear @ 30mph = 2k rpm
4th gear @ 40mph = 2k rpm
5th gear @ 50mph = 2k rpm

on this motor with the same gear going the same spead the rpm is at like 2500 - 3000rpm. is somthing wrong? my warranty on the labor has expired so i can't count on that anymore. give me some info if you guys know anything about it. oh yeah, i was thinking about converting the front of my 92 into the front of a 96 hatch. wut do you guys think about that, yeah.... no...?

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea its power stearing, people take it out to get lose weight and not have it robbing horse power...but if ur gonna drive the streets with the car y not use ps! its a luxury to me...i don't ahve ps right now and dammit whenever i drive my grls 03 i drool over the ps! don't tkae it out!!!! :D