i want to design a body kit

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i designed a body kit, what type of materials would i need to take it from paper to my car? i know i would need a mold and some other things, but does anyone really know ? i have a CAD type program on my computer and some drawing ability.. anyone interested in helping out?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
money. if you want to make it quality, youll need time and money

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how bout a couple quick sketches so we know what youre trying to do

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you may have the right idea, but you've already jumped way ahead of yourself....... you need to do some research on methods and materials before you even think about where to go next.....

here's a hint to get you moving...... first you make the bodykit, then you make the mold. it doesn't work the other way around

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the easiest way to make a custom bodykit is by simply getting an existing one, then adding/removing fiberglass in areas to look different. It is the easiest and cheapest way to do it.

I agree with team 4r about doing as much research as you can first. Fiberglassing a strong kit takes ALOT of time ALOT of patience and ALOT of knowledge.

There is a post on civichatchback.com that gives alot of insight to fiberglassing.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy a nice clean body kit that isnt that complex for a base and buy a ( can u buy sheets of fiberglass??) or a cheap kit with strong glass and take pieces off that with a receprocating saw and bolt it on but talk to a company that deals with fiber glass