Ideas for a 2001 Civic EX sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
yeh, says the image was removed or deleted...

Also, does anyone know if 2 door tailights can also fit a 4 door? My guess is no, but hoping yes lol
hey dude try to just click on the link it works on mine and it opens a new link and the picture just pops up

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
yeh, it was only cuz i was at work, i can see em now...nice ride!

Anywhos, im thinking im going to use the ebiach pro kit and Tokico HP shocks w/ a rear camber. Not gonna use sportlines simply b/c being from Wisco, the snow and rougher roads will make the sportlines impractical..sad day, but a reality lol. As far as rims go, any suggestions on them? I have 15" now, and the tires have a fair tread left, so should i wait till they die and get 16" with new rims or should i just find some 15" rims? I dont remember if i said it earlier, but the '00 Civic SI rims looked good, any others that look a bit sporty-er but not too over the top?

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
Umm no the 01 coupe lights are different cuz the trunk shape is slightly different.. idk if you have really noticed but the light in the 01 and in the 03s sedans are different you can go from a squared light to a circle light you can tell the difference when you hit the brake.. Or you can always go euro but the taillights are 250 a set i think..

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
yeh, it was only cuz i was at work, i can see em now...nice ride!

Anywhos, im thinking im going to use the ebiach pro kit and Tokico HP shocks w/ a rear camber. Not gonna use sportlines simply b/c being from Wisco, the snow and rougher roads will make the sportlines impractical..sad day, but a reality lol. As far as rims go, any suggestions on them? I have 15" now, and the tires have a fair tread left, so should i wait till they die and get 16" with new rims or should i just find some 15" rims? I dont remember if i said it earlier, but the '00 Civic SI rims looked good, any others that look a bit sporty-er but not too over the top?
Umm you should wait until the 15 stocks run out then get the 16 those rims are dope you can also get some rota slipstreams 15 or 16 if you want your car to be really slammed i would go with a 15 rota slipstream with a nice coilover susp.. you can also get a really nice drop with skunk2s less expensive with a 2" front and 2.25" rear..

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
tires

quick question, would getting larger tires in a sense have the same effect as lowering the car? My friend seems to think that if I got 16 or 17" tires, it would filly the well more, giving the same appearance as a dropped car without dropping it. I thought It would just make the car rise more or something. Idk...anyone know?

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
quick question, would getting larger tires in a sense have the same effect as lowering the car? My friend seems to think that if I got 16 or 17" tires, it would filly the well more, giving the same appearance as a dropped car without dropping it. I thought It would just make the car rise more or something. Idk...anyone know?
Look if you get 16 or 17s your still going to have the tire gap it wont appear as dropped.. I have 18s on mine and i still had the tire gap until i dropped it with spring and it looks way better..

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
Tokico HP Suspension Kit
See Larger Image

Bookmark and Share

Tokico HP Suspension Kit
Other products by Tokico
Item#:

HPK309
Vehicle: Honda Civic EM2 (01-05)
Only Fits: 01-02 Sedan
Note: Non Adjustable; Blue Shock; Height Adj. F/R - 1.0in / 1.0in

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
lol walked into that one, my bad. What I meant to ask was would tokico springs work instead of a ebach pro kit? I was going to get hp blue shocks anyway, so i can see this just being easier. Thoughts?

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
It really all depends on the drop that you want.. I went for a lower drop so i went with skunk2 for a 2.25 drop in the F and a 2 incher in the R.. But look if your really undecided about what kind of drop you should get if were in your shoes i would save up some money and get K sport coilovers and they come with camber kits with it.. Its pretty much a whole new suspension.. You can find it for about 900 bucks.. Tein Eibach there great but it will cost you..

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
Nah, not so much undecided as was to ask the quality of the springs. I only want a 1" 1 1/2" drop b.c here in Wisconsin we cant take much more of one with our winters n roads :( So basically I was asking if the Tokico springs were of comprable quality to the eibach ones, that way I could just buy that package rather than getting springs and shocks seperate.

Buttah02

5+ Year Member
I would say if you just want a one inch drop just go with springs its cheaper and its way easy to do.. If you want a bigger drop then i would go with a really good package of full coilovers..

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi all, Im new here so forgive me if something similar has been posted, I just dont have time to look all over for the answers, esp at work. As the thread implies, Im the new owner of a 2001 Civic EX Sedan. Its automatic :( but for $6100 with only 70k miles I wasnt going to complain. Its all very much stock, and therein lies the problem. While I dont want this to become a ricer at all, I want to be able to do a few things to this car so I can wake up every morning and get excited to drive it. Presently this is what I had in mind to do; lower it (no more than 1.5") get new rims, eurotailights and maybe headlights (likely the first thing i can afford to do) and eventually upgrade the sound system, but for sure a new deck. Also eventually a new muffler b/c the one I have is a bit rusty and Im looking for something to give it a little more umph than a stock one without the fart-can stigma.

Ive looked into lowering and alot of forums recomended the Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Kit, but I also heard alot about changing your stock shocks to something else if you lower the car. However, I also have read that if your only lowering the car 1"-1.5" its really not necesarry to get anything besides the springs, just make sure the car is aligned. My question is what do I NEED to get in order to use this product so as not to mess up my car? Money is a small concern so I suppose the less I spend the better.

As far as the tailights, what do you all suggest? The common rate im seeing is around $100 or so, but I was wondering if there are others that are cheaper, I know my friend got them for around $60.

The wheels are another thing; I was looking at a few, particularly 15" OEM SI rims, but the specs say they fit '99-'00...is it exclusive to those models or could it fit mine and how could I tell?

The speakers/sound system very likely wont be a all-at-once thing, as Im sure it will run me over $2000 or close to. But if someone knows what I need for my car that can provide better quality sound than the stock system, Im all ears. Also, any nice deck ideas are appriciated.

Last but not least, the muffler. Although its not pressing, its still in the back of my mind so any ideas based on the above description would be appriciated.

I know Im asking alot here, but Im totally green to the car scene as this is my first car. So I leave it in your hands, please help! =)
If you're looking to lower the car, think about the rim/tire size that's going to be on there first. The SI rims that you were talking about off the '99-'00 model Civics are pretty much the same (SI lookalike) rims that come on our 7th gen Civics; both should fit with no problems. Now back onto lowering; many people would recommend getting new struts/shocks blah blah blah as a lowering spring would cause them to fail. This is not entirely true. If you have springs that drop more than 1.5'' then this would be ideal, but since you want a drop that's right in between 1''-1.5'', I'd recomment Tein S. Techs. These should drop the front 1.4'' and the rear 1.3". I've had first hand experience with these springs before and I've done various types of racing in them and they held up just fine for me (no blown shocks!). They are on the softer side so you will be feeling somewhat more of a bumpy ride, but you'll soon get use to it (only if you don't live out where the roads are crappy).

Tail lights... I would have to agree with some of the people here, they are pretty tacky. BUT, there's many things you can do besides just getting Euro's such as tinting the lights and so for.

Muffler... You wont find one that'll give you an UMPH in everyday driving, but just added sound to the vehicle. My recommendation for this area is to look on Youtube and find an exhaust that you like (sound wise) and purchasing that. OR, what you can do is go to a muffler shop and have them replace the stock one for you (so it's rust-free).

Sound system.... This is where you make your own personal preference.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just read a few posts up and noticed you wanted about a 1'' drop. For these, I'd recommend getting the Tein H. Tech lowering springs. They're more ideal for where you live... Drop is about 1" and the spring rate is stiffer; this will help you through the snow and so for.

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
you know, I saw those Tien springs special on this site and was thinking bout gettin those, especially since you said they wont blow the shocks and they said theyre designed for OEM's anyway. Not to mention when i need to replace the stock shocks eventually, i can choose then whether to get HP blues or just OEM ones again, but I think Im going to get a rear camber kit with the springs anyway. Also, to answer your question bout tire size and drop, ive decided ill keep the tires/rim stock till they run outta use, then go up to 16" with Borbet CA rims.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the Tein H. Tech lowering springs will suite you nicely since you have to drive through snow and what not.

laxdfns

5+ Year Member
hmm, ok noted, and what about the gauges, do you have any ideas about those?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What about it? Sorry, that's too much to read through, I've only posted per the first post or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.