Idle issue: 2012 Civic

Eugene Cartwright

My 2012 civic starts up then idles good , then in less then a minute dives in and out but my rpm doesn't move , some help please ??

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Is the check engine light on?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I changed your title to something helpful as "help" doesnt say anything about your issue to draw in assistance.

With that said, its to your benefit to provide further details. Explain what you mean by "dives in and out". Do you mean the RPMs fluctuate up and down but the needle doesnt move? Does this happen in neutral only or while driving? Was anything done to the car recently that could potentially be affecting this?

Eugene Cartwright

I changed your title to something helpful as "help" doesnt say anything about your issue to draw in assistance.

With that said, its to your benefit to provide further details. Explain what you mean by "dives in and out". Do you mean the RPMs fluctuate up and down but the needle doesnt move? Does this happen in neutral only or while driving? Was anything done to the car recently that could potentially be affecting this?
The rpm doesnt moves the engine seems to want to cut out but doesnt keep just dives in and out and only when i to a stop.

Is the check engine light on?
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The rpm doesnt moves the engine seems to want to cut out but doesnt keep just dives in and out and only when i to a stop.
Can you be a little more clear on this? What do you mean by "dives in and out"?

Get an ODB2 scanner and plug it into your car. It will tell you why the check engine light is on. There is a good chance this code holds key details into why your car is acting the way it is.

Eugene Cartwright

Can you be a little more clear on this? What do you mean by "dives in and out"?
Get an ODB2 scanner and plug it into your car. It will tell you why the check engine light is on. There is a good chance this code holds key details into why your car is acting the way it is.
Can this be a idling problem ?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@Eugene Cartwright , please pay attention to your posts and use the edit option when needed. You're double quoting and writing replies in the middle of quotes instead of after. I've corrected these mistakes, but continuing to make them only works against yourself.

Also, please pay attention to the questions asked to you. You have now been asked the same question 3 times and have yet to answer it. Go back and read each question you've been asked then clearly answer them as best as you can with punctuations. Answering quickly but poorly does not help you figure anything out, nor does it encourage anyone to want to assist you.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check the Check Engine Light code... it's your best option here.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is clearly a communication and language barrier issue here. Im still having to edit your posts because you are not making an effort to repky clearly or understand how posting works.

Eugene, if you cant explain yourself more clearly AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED then it is very hard for us to help you. We are confused because we dont understand what you mean when you say "diving in and out" and you havent explained it any differently or with any detail.

As for a "jerk" when the car is already stopped, that could be caused by several things. Again, without clearly explained details we cannot help you.

I agree that you should get the Check-Engine Light code read then post the codes here and research what it means.

Eugene Cartwright

There is clearly a communication and language barrier issue here. Im still having to edit your posts because you are not making an effort to repky clearly or understand how posting works.

Eugene, if you cant explain yourself more clearly AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED then it is very hard for us to help you. We are confused because we dont understand what you mean when you say "diving in and out" and you havent explained it any differently or with any detail.

As for a "jerk" when the car is already stopped, that could be caused by several things. Again, without clearly explained details we cannot help you.

I agree that you should get the Check-Engine Light code read then post the codes here and research what it means.
My radio and display screen isnt coming on niether is the computer scanner what is it now ?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You might have an alternator issue. Go get it tested. In the end, you might have to go to a mechanic anyways because you are not cooperating with us to help you. Good luck.

I also deleted your other thread about your radio display issue as you mentioned it here and it could be related.

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Language barriers can be difficult. I deal with them all the time at work and many times it goes similar to this thread. We'll get there.

@Eugene Cartwright by computer scanner you mean the ODB2 Check Engine Light (CEL) scanner? Are you turning the car to ON-II (but not fully on) to get the readings?

Check to see if the alternator fuse is blown. I'm not sure which fuse # that is for 9th gens.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I merged your other thread into this one (comments #15 & #16) because the issues are likely related since you havent mentioned that the first one here was corrected.