idle issue

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by freethrowchamp, Nov 25, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. freethrowchamp

freethrowchamp New Member

for some reason when the car is in neutral or the clutch is pushed in the car revs from idle to about 2800 rpms i have replaced the throttle position sensor and the idle air control valve. with a full racing exhaust it gets really annoying. its almost like a vacuum leak cause sometimes when its in gear with my foot off the gas it still accelerates

2. adc253

adc253 New Member

im having the same issue. did you get it figured out? mine will stop jumping if i turn my heater on high and head lights on causing a draw in power. but dont know what it causing the issue