idles low when cold start and idle hig when is warmed.

jp-atrick

I have Read Many Forums And Non of Them Helped. so ive decided to make my own.

I Have A 97 Honda civic Lx . When i Start the car in the morning when is cold, car idles low sounds like its about to die. but when the car starts to get warm , idle goes high and steady, i think about 1500 rpm. and yes i have clean the TB And IAC Valve and its still the same. But The car Runs Fine As Soon As it Warms Up. But At The End Of The Day or Next morning, car CEL Comes On Throwing Code: IAC Valve. So I Went To Drive it, When i Slightly Press the gas, car chokes. :???: but when i add more gas, it runs ok.=)

And Also I Have Bleed out The Coolant system. and vacuum leaks. its still the same.

A KINDLY HELP WILL BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :(

esebanester

I have Read Many Forums And Non of Them Helped. so ive decided to make my own.

I Have A 97 Honda civic Lx . When i Start the car in the morning when is cold, car idles low sounds like its about to die. but when the car starts to get warm , idle goes high and steady, i think about 1500 rpm. and yes i have clean the TB And IAC Valve and its still the same. But The car Runs Fine As Soon As it Warms Up. But At The End Of The Day or Next morning, car CEL Comes On Throwing Code: IAC Valve. So I Went To Drive it, When i Slightly Press the gas, car chokes. :???: but when i add more gas, it runs ok.=)

And Also I Have Bleed out The Coolant system. and vacuum leaks. its still the same.

A KINDLY HELP WILL BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :(
I have the same exact priblem w my b20 ls..,, idk what it is.
Ppl say to clean my iacv , some say vacuum hose leak..
I'm not sure

Ima replace both soon

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please look at the dates before replying. This thread is over 3 years old. The poster never came back and isn't very likely to reply.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please look at the dates before replying. This thread is over 3 years old. The poster never came back and isn't very likely to reply.
Just because the original poster is unlikely to reply does not guarantee that current members wont offer helpful replies. Also, since it is about the same topic, then technically he's following forum rules by not creating repetitive posts. I would think the best options would be to either ask him to create a new post and delete this one or allow this one to stay active. I do agree that the title should be more direct.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He isn't asking a question in here and is just replying to a dead thread though. If he were asking a question, your concern would be valid on this. I see no question just an admission of what he is going to try as if telling op to try the same. Op isn't coming back.

Also the rules ask not to make repetitive treads on YOUR same problem. Meaning back to back or spamming multiple sections. Threads not posts. Maybe the wording is unclear, I will look into it.

Thank you for your input on how to type. I will take it into account for the future.

Again this isn't about him asking a question it's about bumping a 3 year old thread which is generally frowned upon in almost every forum I have ever been on.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Regadless this is in the wrong section now, so I'll at least move it :lol: