Im looking into getting wheels/ tires for the front when I go to he track (1/4 mile).

SimplyTron

5+ Year Member
I have a B16 in my crx and I cannot get a good launch with my tires. They have lots of tread its just they are really hard compound. With winter coming I dont want to get performance tires especaily when my tires have plenty of time left on them. Im looking into getting wheels/ tires for the front when I go to he track (1/4 mile). Im looking for a nice light wheel then I can buy idividually and most likly a drag radial. What are some sites that have these kind of things. What size should I be looking at for a 90 CRX lowered about 1.5"

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15's w/ low profile, nitto 555r's

Grendel

Banned
j_fukin_t said:
15's w/ low profile, nitto 555r's
If hes getting track only wheels, its silly to get a DOT tire unless your class requires and even so better tires then the 555 are out.

I'd say Weld import drag rims and M&H racemasters what kinda power are you making would help us size.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^weld's are always good. you could also look in car magazines i think they sell that kinda stuff in there or maybe check out tirerack.com maybe they will have something.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Grendel said:
If hes getting track only wheels, its silly to get a DOT tire unless your class requires and even so better tires then the 555 are out.

I'd say Weld import drag rims and M&H racemasters what kinda power are you making would help us size.
ahaha see thats what happens when reading > me i thought he wanted something that he could use on the street too, if you want slix you better be ready to start changing axles or get some stronger one's made

SimplyTron

5+ Year Member
Thats the reason I dont want slicks. I do want to be able to drive to the track on these just not daily drive them. Right now my b16 is stock with a few little things im guessing about 140 whp. Come spring I will be boosted 6-8 psi making over 200 whp and I want thses tires to keep up with me.