I'm new, *what up!*, 96 civic lx

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I just bought a 96 civic lx, it's all stock. So, I was wonderin what would be an obviouse first purchase? Exhaust or Cold Air Intake, (i guess it doesn't matter cause I'll buy both pretty soon). I just want some help as to what kind i should get. I see that AEM is pretty damn popular for cold air intakes. As for exhausts...I don't have a clue...before I got the civic I was into Flowmaster (I had it on my blazer...sounded great, lol). So maybe you all can help me out. Also, I'll probably post later about this but I was also lookin at engines, USDM and JDM...read up about it, but I'm still confused sorta....will all those models fit in the 96 lx? (b18c5,b18c1,b16a2,and so on) is there a website that I just haven't found yet that could tell me what each motor has that is better or worse than the other and what will and will not fit in my car. Thanks for your help.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go with the AEM cold air intake. As for the exhaust...go with a DC Sports 4-2-1 header for max. low end power or a DC Sports 4-1 for max. high end power. Most people buy the 4-2-1 for street but the 4-1 is good for racing. The B16 and B18 series engines will fit in your car. This website might help:

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/6gtech/index.html

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for your exhaust go with a apexi cat-back. and i agree, go with the AEM cold air intake. and if you get a header i would go for the DC sports 4-1 header, not the 4-2-1.

blown4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a built Ls/vtech motor, 4-1 Dc headers, Aem intake and camgears, type R camshaft, 99 Si tranny with a ACT clutch, and 100 wet shot of NOS on tap just in case, in a fulltrim interior 96 honda civic 4 door LX

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how can i get a DC Sports 4-1 header....they don't make one for my car...also, my car is auto. AND, if I get a 4-2-1, how can i get one anyway? just get one for an EX and just ditch my cat?

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Other reputable companies include Apexi and Comptech. I believe Comptech may have a header for your LX.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, well.....i've looked and looked...and i'm still lookin! but i really can't seem to find a header 4-1 for my car...SO, here's what i'm thinkin (give me ur opinions!) I get the 4-1 of my choice...ditch my cat, install a new cat after the header (so the stupid check engine light won't come on) then hook up a catback exhaust. What do you think? Will it work, and what brands/exact model should i look at. remember, my car is a 96 4door lx (damn this car!) lmao! =) :x

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Give me a couple of days to see what I can find before you go in that direction...I'm trying to save you as much as possible.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks man, i really do appreciate your help =)

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem...I found what you were looking for. I called up several magazines I had and Summit Sports (very reputable) sells a DC Sports 4-1 header for your '96 Civic 4-door LX for $349.95. The item number is DCSHC5613. Their phone number is 1-800-962-9094. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Joe