i'm thinking tranny problem advice please

aznmugg08

so this morning brother woke me up to move car, got into my car, started it and when i tried to go into reverse it wouldnt go so i waited.... tried again wouldn't go... waited longer and i tried even harder and it got intogear but i had some grinding noises, so crap, roll out of drive way to let him out, then i was gonna take his parking spot but wouldnt go into first, no matter how hard i tried, i turned car off after i reversed to the side of the street and out of habit put it into first... and it went in... so turned car back on and parked car, checked it later that day and it goes into gear but now the clutch pedal is super slacking, i was thinking i need a new clutch but want some advice first please help!!!

cliff notes:
start car wont go into reverse without some muscle
wouldnt go into first at all until car turned off and put into first from there
left car alone
start car later in day goes into all gears fine but now clutch pedal has a bunch of slack
advice please

things i think i should note:
first time i started it was probably the coldest it had been this year
second time it started much later in the dar not near as cold as it was
i changed both axle shafts earlier in the year if that might have something to do with it

sorry for all the writing but i want some insight and someone to point me into the right direction before i start spending money