Immobilizer Bypass (without a Car starter) - 2003 Civic

TDPsGM

5+ Year Member
I don't have a Car Starter that I want to install.

I have a 2003 Honda Civic with only 1 Chipped Key (I have not idea if it is the "Master" or if this even matters).
I refuse to pay ~$200 to have a 2nd Key cut and reprogrammed.

This is my car, and as far as I am concerned it should be "My" choice as to whether or not I want to bypass the immobilizer permanently - and this is what I'd like to do.

It looks like there are a couple ways I "might" be able to do this:

1. Do a "key-in-the-box" install using one of your 3 keys hidden in a Directed 556UW module.​

2. The iDatalink bypass can be used with their KLON process and just one key. However, you will need the FM2 firmware loaded on the bypass module, the ADS USB cable ( $35 ), and registered access to the iDatalink WebLink WEB site. Here is a link : http://www.idatalink.com/weblink/user/registration
The first one (Key-in-the-box) would be the simplest, but I'd rather not have the ONLY good key in the car permanently.

My question is . . . I see idatalink has a module for my car http://www.idatalink.com/ (ADS-AL(DL)-HA1) . . . is it possible to Program this bypass 'without' an actual car starter to act as my permanent bypass?

I've see lots of much less sophisticated 'hacks' ranging from cutting the chip out of my only good key and tapping it to my ignition ring, to using a relay and a wire loop . . . but I was hoping to use a cleaner (potentially more reliable) solution so that I can get a simple $3 metal key cut and be able to drive "my" car.

I am open to other suggestions too.

Thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:

TDPsGM

5+ Year Member
Is there anyone else out there that has successfully bypassed the immobilizer in 7th gen honda civics . . . without it looking like a messy hack?

Ayorba86

Is there anyone else out there that has successfully bypassed the immobilizer in 7th gen honda civics . . . without it looking like a messy hack?
I know this is an old thread but I think this info will help a lot of people.

I just did a auto to manual swap on my 03 civic ex and had the problem of not having a matching key for the ecu. I unsoldered IC240 from the auto ecu and transplanted it into the manual ecu. So now I can start the car with no problems. PM me for more info.

Since ic240 uses serial as a communications protocol it may be possible for me to clone the ic240 and sell programmed keys with it to make ecu or immo switching easier