indiglo gauges

nigizy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need help with my indiglo gauges. i put them in myself but i dont know how to wire them. i have no clue were i need to connect the red(+) wire and the black(-) wire.do anyone know were the the power and ground wires are on the dash?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
put the black(-) wire on a bolt... or something that is grounded to the frame....

and just play around with where to put the red(+) wire.... turn your lights on, and then keep touching the red(+) wire to stuff, and when the inidiglo's come on.... leave the wire there.....

thats what i did!!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
very technical advice andrew...haha j/p

i did about the same thing, ghetto rigged it up. grounded the black wire...anywhere, i ended up grounding it at the same place my alarm is grounded because the wire was the pefect length to it. then i connected the red to my headlight wires, then blamo! instant super bright at night gauges.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha :werd: justin..... im not really good at explaining thing, so thats the best i can do!!!

kustomize89

luv it or not???
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wired mine into the dimer switch that was already in the car, just splice into the wires

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wired mine to the........ HA! just kidding........

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the instructions. even though they are kinda ghetto i diggen um

93delsol

Polar BAER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone heard of a circut tester or a test light? JK but get a test light and find which wire powers up when you turn on your accessory lights.

My indeglo guages said spacifically NOT to wire to the factory dimmer switch.. so when using the test light play with the dimmer switch and make sure you are not tapping into the out of the dimmer. YOu want the live untapped feed.

yea.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it hard to install indiglo gauges. Been thinkin of gettin them myself.

93delsol

Polar BAER
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by N1EX
for my sol it was 5 skrews and 3 clips... but the wiring was the bitchey part cause I didn't want to make any holes in my dash for the dimmer and color change switch.

It's not tough at all... if you know a little about wiring and your gentle

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by N1EX
the only thing that is hard is the wiring, but not really hard just time consuming

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
old thread, but i've heard a lot about the needles being hard to see. . . could someone elaborate on the problem and any possible fixes?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, if you have an si, you dont have to worry about it, cuz your needles are illuminated, on other models, which you have, the indiglo is enough to light it up. with reverse indiglo gauges, its quite a bit harder though...dont quite have a solution yet though

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i see. . . oh well, i was just wondering. those new reverse ones do look kinda nice. . . don't think i'd spend the money on them though...

Si clusters are real nice, cept they say "Si" on them.