Injen Air Intake thoughts??

newlyaddedcivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just took my RD Injen CAI off. I my mind my car seems much smoother. CAI really did nothing but make a bunch of noise and rattle my car. I did not like how the pitch of the intake changed so much at 4500 rpms and agian around 6000 or so. My question is has anyone had better luck with the short ram Injen or the AEM intakes?

O, and this CAI is for sale.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, in my opinion, if u dislike funny noises u shouldn't mod yur car at ALL. cuz once u start replacing things, no matter what, u r gonna hear shitt u don't like. and to be honest with u, any aftermarket intake u put on is gonna do the same shiot u just talked about. plus an intake doesn't really do much til u add a header and/or catback exhaust.

of course, that's all my opinion. anyone else beg to differ?

i am not being an ass man, i am jus tellin u like it is. please don't take my post the wrong way.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my aem cold air is quite on my 7thgen. My dx ran a 17.8 in the 1/4mile with out it, with it and my exhaust I run a 17.1, so it does something.

heartsoul

Seed of Destiny
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont forget to add how u didnt know how to drive with the 17.8 but now u do with the 17.1...u should compare with Boo's times...

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
times vary no matter what nightkids1. and of course it's gonna do SOMETHING, or else no one would bother getting one. i was just saying that it's more affective with an exhaust and/or header. u shouldn't get disappointed if it's not everything u expected it to be. and most all intakes do make some kinda unusual noise compared to stock. they make a louder roaring noise when u rev up your engine. most people LIKE this noise.... :neutral:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

times vary no matter what nightkids1. and of course it's gonna do SOMETHING, or else no one would bother getting one. i was just saying that it's more affective with an exhaust and/or header. u shouldn't get disappointed if it's not everything u expected it to be. and most all intakes do make some kinda unusual noise compared to stock. they make a louder roaring noise when u rev up your engine. most people LIKE this noise.... :neutral:
yeah, i like that noise, and it makes a want-to-be turbo noise.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

SickCiViC said:
HA yeh. when u rev it up high.... almost like a wet dream :shock:

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

nightkids1 said:
SickCiViC said:
HA yeh. when u rev it up high.... almost like a wet dream :shock:
:nod: :nod:

7thgencivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Chad you wish you had a TURBO. Maybe you can pick one up with your huge tax return.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "7thgencivic"

Yeah Chad you wish you had a TURBO. Maybe you can pick one up with your huge tax return.
I only wish! =)

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

I only wish! =)
Didnt you read that post about the 200.00 home made turbo that gave a CRX SI 60 horses? I think the junk yard still has that old ass car with turbo in it still. All you need is the turbo, and find someone do make a turbo manifold for you.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want the intake! but i have a 6th gen ex...you wouldnt supposed that it would fit do you?

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "UnitZero"

nightkids1 said:
I only wish! =)
Didnt you read that post about the 200.00 home made turbo that gave a CRX SI 60 horses? I think the junk yard still has that old ass car with turbo in it still. All you need is the turbo, and find someone do make a turbo manifold for you.
man that was a ghetto riged turbo.

perry

the prodigal child
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forget the turbo, i just want an intercooler, lol... they look so bad ass...

i think ill get a broken turbo just so i can have an intercooler, LOL

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ghetto rigged turbo's do not make 60 horses.
"it dosn't matter how much money you spend, if it works it does the job"

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "UnitZero"

ghetto rigged turbo's do not make 60 horses.
"it dosn't matter how much money you spend, if it works it does the job"
yeah but that just looked cheap.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I wouldn't mind having a 300 dollar turbo..it makes it all better when you tell the guy you just beat how much it cost.:P

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "newlyaddedcivic"

I just took my RD Injen CAI off. I my mind my car seems much smoother. CAI really did nothing but make a bunch of noise and rattle my car. I did not like how the pitch of the intake changed so much at 4500 rpms and agian around 6000 or so. My question is has anyone had better luck with the short ram Injen or the AEM intakes?

Dude I got the AEM Intake and love it. It made a nice tone adjustment that I have people confuse for and exhaust. If your will to buy a new one go with AEM. BTW I don't like those short ram ones. here is also a pic of it.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "VTECSOHC02"

newlyaddedcivic said:

Dude I got the AEM Intake and love it. It made a nice tone adjustment that I have people confuse for and exhaust. If your will to buy a new one go with AEM. BTW I don't like those short ram ones. here is also a pic of it.
it is easy to tell the difference between an aftermarket intake only and aftermarket exhaust. :neutral:

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think so. But I can hear a tone difference with this intake.