Intake help

Trekk

Registered VIP
Yeah and no, most dynos are still subject to outside temp and humidity changes. Then add in heat soak, and the fact that a car on a dyno doesn't have air forced into the bay same as a car does that is on the road. (and no putting a fan infront of the car is not the same) On top off all that, you have the dyno queens that do things like remove belts and what not w/o telling anyone they did that.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
I love it when people put racing fuel on and cut the ps pump belt and ac belt and they get 15 more horsepower and brag about it.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you're thinking of an intake manifold swap, just for an intake. No offence but if you don't know how to install an intake, then a manifold swap is a little out of your league. But hey, everything's a learning experience. If you don't have the means to do a manifold swap then just send that one back and buy an ebay intake with a k&n or AEM dryflow filter. All up to you. Best of luck if you decide to do the swap though, there are many write-ups and Y8 manifold swaps are pretty common.

obiling

Okay thanks for the help everyone! I looked at the y8 intake swap....holy s**t..... haha I honastly wish i could do that.....but I KNOW i cant, it looks like you would have to know what your acually doing. And clearly i dont, so ill probably go and buy a pipe.....i mean if someone wants to come down and swap the intakes, ill gladly pay you like 200/300 bucks buuuut sadly theres no way im doing that haha :( i really wish i could though, Thanks !

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
.i mean if someone wants to come down and swap the intakes, ill gladly pay you like 200/300 bucks buuuut sadly theres no way im doing that haha :( i really wish i could though, Thanks !
I'll do it for 200 plus plane ticket....;)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
youre in mass? i might have someone in maine who would drive down and do it for you lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
200/300 bucks? There are shops around where I live that would do it for you for that price. lol

obiling

I feel like it would be better to save my momey for a better engine rather than add new parts to the already shitty one hah....thanks for the offers though, im gonna give the pipe idea a go, ill get sum pics up soon.