Intake Manifold

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How effective would be a swap from the stock manifold to an aftermarket one? Would the job be able to be done without professional help? And what company's make good aftermarket manifolds?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
replacing your stock with an aftermarket manifold is quite good , because of the increase in Hp ...duh...but if you really want it to be efficient you would want to upgrade some other things , because too much air isnt always too good. So you would want to balance things out...like geting more fuel and more spark.

And doing this task shouldnt be too hard..should only take about an hr or so...

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well when changing a stock manifolf out, isnt it also good if u aslo replace a better throttle body, that will help u alot as well, but like the other guys says, all air is no good, need fuel to balance it out, like fuel rail, injectors, even a msd system to ignite the air/fuel ratio. and if u dont want to get all those, i guess a v-tec controller, or any kind of air/fuel will do also

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what motor and mods do you have? intake manifolds are good upgrades, but you wont get rediculous HP from them. If you were running a turbo then you would see 20+ hp to the ground.
** tunning **

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
intake manifold should be lower on your list of priorities..... on a stock motor you will lose power from lack of air velocity........ manifolds are only useful if you have a high-power motor or forced induction, and you have raised your rev-limit

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont bother, you have the y8 mainfold, which is the best of any stock d series manifolds. boost it or swap it if you want extra hp, there really isnt another really effective way to increase hp.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr, what engine does he have?? just curious, becuase i have a d series, and want to know if there the same if so, i guess ill have something that is the best lol(the manifold)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he has the d16y8, out of the 96-00 civic ex's. that is the best flowing intake manifold, concidered the "type r" of d series manifolds. conversly, the d16z6 head, out of the 92-95ex and si flows better than the y8 head. you will gain some hp with the y8 manifold, probably as much as any aftermarket piece. you should be able to pick one up pretty cheap at a junkyard or at any shop that does engine swaps. you might even be able to get the whole motor if your lucky, if you get it swap that in, the d16's make great turbo motors.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol well that sucks i have hte d15b7, so i guess everything about my motor sucks lol, more reason for a swap...just got to talk the parents into loaning me some cash =)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont get money from your parents, get a good job and work for your stuff.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

dont get money from your parents, get a good job and work for your stuff.
yeah lol but im a very impatient person, so for me getting money from parents then paying them back is o so much better...plus i try my best to buy stuff with my own money, but im only 17, and i cant get a good job till 18, all ive gots now is like fast food and stuff...and where i live minium wage is only 5.15 an hour....