Interior paint??

DannyB

Another Honda Nutcase
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys again tis the civic fan from [glow=darkred]DoWn UnDeR[/glow] here!

Just wondering if you guys knew anythin about painting interior areas like air vents and centre console etc?? I was told that hobby paint is pretty good for this job?? is this true???
Hope to hear from ya's soon!!
CHEERs
[glow=indigo][shadow=red]DannyB[/shadow][/glow]

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
read this topic

http://www.clubcivic.com/viewtopic.php?t=2065

wicked00

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brand: sem color coat... flexible coating
changes or renews color on most flexible & rigid plastics, carpet, vinyl & velour (can reads)

have painted 3 civics w/ this paint works great

civicjoe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did mine you clean off the surface first, then use an adhesive promoter for plastics then pain on what ever you want and then clear coat it

racecarl

world war wilson
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, i just used some Plastikote (brand) vinyl paint and did about three really thin layers. You can buy it at any Auto zone or Pep Boys "thrift" store... hahaha. By the way, civicjoe, that blue looks sick.

I did the guage bezel, center console, vents, lower dash, and door trim all for about $20. =)

StTz98Ex

Would you eat this?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a friend with a 5th generation dx, and he painted like half of the plastic in his car. He did it white, and he did big areas with no clear coat. It looked bad. Ive seen some that looks really good... i just would recommend using that new plastic paint that krylon sells, and if desired, put a clear coat.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my only suggestion, if you do the whole dash, dont paint it white....Hell of a glare...almost undrivable glare