Intertwined's 89 CRX / 91 Sedan

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Replaced both driver/passenger LCA’s w/ bushings. Had a couple of snags with the 27 y/o bolts that connect to the subframe. Passenger side was a simple cut. The driver side on the other hand gave me a fight. Had to end up cutting/cold chiseling out the welded on nut.

Driver side welded nut wasn't a happy camper.

Passenger side was a lot smoother and just had to cut the bolt

Feels a s**t ton better now driving with what I've replaced in the front so far. Still something going on that i have to narrow down though. I know the shocks all need replaced. Think the tension rod bushings are shot as well and need changed out.

Also picked up a 6th gen armrest from a good buddy and got that all sorted out. Well almost sorted out, still want to make some front/rear brackets for it to hold it in place. I followed the advice someone had put in a DIY thread to get it to fit the way it is. Once its bracketed in place and painted black to match it'll be golden.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No cool updates.

Starter died..........tried to jump start it and used 1st in a rush and broke the driver side axle nut loose.
Got a ride to get tools and what not. Torqued the axle nut down and beat the snot out of the starter until it turned over and limped her home.

So come to find out the driver side axle was for an HF.....it didnt fill in the hub, so was only turning the wheel due to compression from the axle nut............anywho...............

Replaced the starter and both axles..HUZZAH. Everything was good to go.............for 2 miles....and my battery took a s**t.
Replaced the battery...HUZZAH....I had power...................until i turned the key over and it fell dead again.

Went back home and got tools and sand paper.
Sanded the 3 main grounds and their grounding points down............Nothing!!
Replaced the power wire from battery to starter & fusebox...........We have power!!!!!!.....until i turned the key over!!!!!!
Finally replaced the battery ground wire and YAY!!!! Were all fixed up.

I was glad to have stuff to work on, but definitely wasnt ready to spend the $300ish on the parts. All in all im still under $1,000 into the car and it runs/drives like a champ so im still happy with it haha.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Only update on the CRX is that I traded it for a 91 LX Sedan. Just couldnt make the CRX work with 2 kids.

The sedan has been MPFI swapped & wired for VTEC already. It has just under 115K miles on it and the body is in great shape, just some surface rust on the roof. Previous owner gave me the correct ECU to run a Y8 head w/ auto trans if I so desire to put a Y8 head on it. Also came with a new piece to replace the driver rear filler panel below the light that is dented in.

Have to fix 2 of the power windows that dont go up/down and the AC does not come on when pressing the button. Everything else works perfect.