Ipod Adapter

Themegajosh09

No that's for an amp to put sound out as far as I know. You would have to have an audio in, in the back. I just hooked a sub in my car and that's what I plugged my RCA into my amp with. You could try though

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Think about it. The red and white plugs say line out. That means the sound is coming OUT of the stereo. You want to hear the ipod through the stereo. That means that it is also "line out". Line out to line out doesn't work.

Buy the ipod adapter cable that is for your stereo. I linked it when you asked last time.

Another option would be to buy an FM transmitter and run the ipod through FM channel 88.5 (or what ever channel is required for said transmitter). They are very cheap and some even plug into the cig lighter to charge the ipod.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
oh ok...well is there any way to make an ipod adaptor

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why, when they are already put together? It's not like they are expensive.

Just buy an fm transmitter.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i just got the ipod adaptor today and when i pluged it in the charger port stated smoking....i open the port up and it looked like wires had been all cut up and stripped...LOOK

Decipher

Registered VIP
last owner smoking crack + performing electrical work = fail-fest 2011.

I bet that's what your home made iPod adapter would have looked like though. Good luck fixing that mess. Sorry, dude.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
i bought off ebay from HONG KONG
and it said condition NEW
and it looked like it had never been opend

Any help