Is it just me or is 8th gen interior Fu<kin cheap

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I swear in 11 months of having my si and barely driving it, my interior door handle on driver side broke, my buttons on my steering wheel to control radio sometimes dont work, my rubber trim around door is all falling off and today my window visor broke WTF

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Covered by warranty?

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are cheap. my sisters 2007 civic is like that and people on 8thcivic.com has similar problems

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I work at Honda and everyone there thinks theyre garbage. Last good civics died in 2000

K20pwns

^^Yeah that... youd think Honda would put quality stuff in the SI models besides the motor... ive had my car for 8 months and so far nothings broke.

vstaryder

I would also agree some of the interior is a little on the chinzy side - then again, all cars are built to a price-point and there is a lot worse out there too.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
at least its not a kia

Darias

My interior has treated me well the past 2 years. My only complaint is how tidious the vinyl is to clean.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive had my civic for 4 years now, and its not overly worn. except my steering wheel which got replaced by honda at 30k miles :D

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^Yeah that... youd think Honda would put quality stuff in the SI models besides the motor... ive had my car for 8 months and so far nothings broke.
i've had mine for almost 3 years, and only thing that has happened is just the driver's sun visor, other then that, mine has been perfect, no complaints, love it every bit.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think some people just expect it to take all the abuse they give it, however, some of it does mark easily, like the door panels. but it still comes off pretty easy. and if you cant get one off, use the shoe scuff remover from walmart. has worked on mine a few times.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lame, how unacceptable, my 5th gen interior was just as good at 125k miles as it was 8 years prior at 20k miles....

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's what you get for buying a honda op lol

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The sun-visors have been known by Honda dealers for a while, however I've never had any issues out of my '08..for the most part, I have noticed that alot of cars (almost any brand) hold up ok if you treat them right...not always the case but there aren't too many people who buy Si's and drive them like they have sense....

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

new one was $50 also bought the ripped door weather stripping for $32, so my interior will be back to 100% already fixed door handle and replaced the shift boot with the oem red stiching boot, just an unwanted headache u know! taking away from my muffler and foglight funds!

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My 6th gen civic still runs perfectly with 141k miles now and interior is still completely intact

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
y did you pay for it??? you have only had it 11 months....shuld still be under warranty

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use warranty as much as u can until its up..

civicRacer4lyfe

5+ Year Member
lol my seats arm rest and door interior is fading into a grey color.. and my dash board hanging off my si seat for the back plastic hanging.. and my cars falling aprt no lie

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the warranty has already expired, and the sun visor is only on recall for the ex and lx models, bs