Is it just me or is 8th gen interior Fu<kin cheap

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure the sun visors on the LX, EX, and Si are the same,
it's the same car lol.., just different accessories & engine I believe,etc..

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
lol my seats arm rest and door interior is fading into a grey color.. and my dash board hanging off my si seat for the back plastic hanging.. and my cars falling aprt no lie
get your windows tinted, thay would help with the fading..

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^word

i have 15% tint and havnt seen one bit of fading, and i have black interior in alabama sun and heat, and never park in a garage.

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
8th gen si's are so sexy! i want one : P

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you guys should write a letter to honda explaining how unacceptable this is. i bet they do something nice for you in return.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
My wife's si is still in good condition minus the drivers visor breaking. I'm more upset about the syncros sucking. They were replaced but it is starting to get hard putting it into 3rd gear again and ofcourse its out of warranty :???:

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
guy did you bash a girls head off that thing tryin to get some! they make minivans for that. j.k. that sucks dude. be happy thogh cause my 00 Si is on stands with a crushed front end. thats what happens when you go 15 years with no accidents. i was due but god it sucked. going for body and paint soon. yeah.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have heard that the new si's have tranny trouble. Just never been able to figure out if it's in the car or from the drivers...

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have heard that the new si's have tranny trouble. Just never been able to figure out if it's in the car or from the drivers...
Just 06-07 really, sure there may be some 08'ers that say it, but it was fixed by the time honda came out with the 08 supposedly, thus why they also revamped the trans fluid to a new mix after 2007, thinking that would help also.

Justin does Monica have over 60k miles on that beast yet.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My wife's si is still in good condition minus the drivers visor breaking. I'm more upset about the syncros sucking. They were replaced but it is starting to get hard putting it into 3rd gear again and ofcourse its out of warranty :???:
yeah this too third gear is a b***h to get into while im shifting quickly, whats the deal with it? u had sychros replaced?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Just 06-07 really, sure there may be some 08'ers that say it, but it was fixed by the time honda came out with the 08 supposedly, thus why they also revamped the trans fluid to a new mix after 2007, thinking that would help also.

Justin does Monica have over 60k miles on that beast yet.
No, not yet.. her warranty went to 30k. I think she has 40 something.

yeah this too third gear is a b***h to get into while im shifting quickly, whats the deal with it? u had sychros replaced?
Yeah, there was a service bulletin to fix it so it was free under warranty.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
No, not yet.. her warranty went to 30k. I think she has 40 something.

Yeah, there was a service bulletin to fix it so it was free under warranty.
should still be able to get it covered though under the 5 year/ 60k mile warranty on the power train however, the 3/36 is bumper to bumper everything, after that you stil have the 5/60 for engine and trans, so i'd look into that if i were you.

Tyler91civic

My 1990 civic is 20 years old and the only thing I have had to replace were 3 burnt out light bulbs everything else has worked the same as new!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to civics!!!!!! at least they used to be built well!!!!!

deryzzle

5+ Year Member
not gonna lie. I hate to say it but the materials do suck in the 8th gen. my 7th gen k24 had much better quality. I don't know what happened.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I miss my 99, so easy to work on, plethora of parts available at decent prices!

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 1990 civic is 20 years old and the only thing I have had to replace were 3 burnt out light bulbs everything else has worked the same as new!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to civics!!!!!! at least they used to be built well!!!!!
They started to get more technical.