is it possible to make EG shocks fit in a EK?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension (All Gens)' started by rayej8, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. rayej8

rayej8 New Member 5+ Year Member

so will these shocks actually fit a ek because my cuzin gave me some brand new kyb shocks that he was goin to use but he has itr lcas on his eg so it didnt fit ive read around and said it should but ive also read about clearance issues for rear shocks due to ek lcas being thinner???
    does anyone know about this?
    if i get aftermarket lcas will it help mount these shocks a lil better?

2. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

You can either get EG/DC/Aftermarket LCA's or just trim your bushing like quarter of an inch on each side in the back.

I'm not sure on the exact number but you can just measure them I guess, but you can definitely make it work!

3. rayej8

i think the lcas from a eg/dc are shorter than the ek i think the ek ones are longer
    yea i was thinking about drilling the hole a little bit wider ill see wat i do hopefully i make it work lol
    thanks

4. Kensai

Kensai ♪♫♪♫♪~ Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Err it's opposite, you will need to trim EG/DC lca bushings to fit EK shocks on them, the other way around you'll need to add washers/wider bushing.

5. rayej8

ok koo thanks again
    and on this quote at the end it says that if u slam it the shock can blow how i sthat possible if the angle of the lca will b diff than stock height??