Is my 7th gen civic worth modding?

Mmattbernard

Hey guys I have a base model 05 4dr civic and I was wondering if you guys think it would even be worth modding I am just starting to work on cars and I’m just thinking since it is only the base model if it would be worth it? I don’t want to spend all this money just for it to not even make much of a difference. If you do have any advise I would love to hear it

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say no. There is little support for those coupe/sedan models. The 7th gen was a transitional period for the Civic where they used a one generation D series motor with nearly nothing interchangeable from the previous generation or the generation after it.
I would either get a RSX, a 3rd gen Integra, or a 6th gen Civic.

Cdawg5685

They got decent aftermarket support on ebay and procivic. The 7th gen is hated for the engines lack of boost on a turbo it cant even make 12 before the engine blows but it is still a good fun car. The cool thing about these cars is that some d1678 stuff works like the vtec cam and the intake manifold or if you want to spend lots of money they are very good at kswaps. I have a 7th gen and i dont have much done only a few things cause these cars have mainly cosmetic stuff you can buy in my opinion if you want to have a fun little car go for it

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They got decent aftermarket support on ebay and procivic.
Such as what?

The 7th gen is hated for the engines lack of boost on a turbo it cant even make 12 before the engine blows.
I doubt that since not everyone is looking to add boost to their 7th gen.
The overall build quality on these, inside and out is just trash, when compared to the previous gens.

You'd be farther money ahead looking for a well sorted RSX if you wanted K series.