Is this a decent deal?

NeopolitaNx

Hi, fairly new here (lurked for a bit) and since I'm fairly new to 6th gen Civics, I'm a little wary when it comes to what would be a good deal. I hate to just come here and ask you guys for help with this but I'm really itching to get a hold of a nice little 6th gen after my EM2 died on me.

Anyway here is the car listing:

"1999 Honda Civic · Coupe · Driven 80,000 miles
99' Civic EK 2 Door Coupe (SI clone)
B20 Vtec w/ GSR Head & LS trans
Fully built bottom end for turbo
Skunk2 Intake Mani
PW cold air intake
Innovative Motor Mounts
ARP studs
ACL bearings
New GSR timing belt
Wire & A/c tuck (a/c not installed but have parts ready)
Battery relocated to the back.
SI cluster reads 98k miles
Motor has about 80k miles
OG wheels on 195/45 tires
Interior is okay condition. Needs cleaning
Cash Only $3900 OBO"

I must admit though that I'm not currently the most handy or proficient when it comes to cars so I'm a little worried that this car is far out of my league modification-wise but it's nearly impossible to find a good condition stock '99 or '00 Civic that I can use as a project car. Please let me know what you think and thanks so much!!

Attachments

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"1999 Honda Civic · Coupe · Driven 80,000 miles
99' Civic EK 2 Door Coupe (SI clone)
B20 Vtec w/ GSR Head & LS trans
Fully built bottom end for turbo
Skunk2 Intake Mani
PW cold air intake
Innovative Motor Mounts
ARP studs
ACL bearings
New GSR timing belt
Wire & A/c tuck (a/c not installed but have parts ready)
Battery relocated to the back.
SI cluster reads 98k miles
Motor has about 80k miles
OG wheels on 195/45 tires
Interior is okay condition. Needs cleaning
Cash Only $3900 OBO"
It doesn't look bad, but what worries me is how stuff on the inside is just thrown in there. The battery isn't even secured, along with the amp, and assuming the sub too. The stuff hanging down in the passenger seat footwell worries me too. This stuff isn't tough to take care of, which is exactly why i'd be worried, they couldn't take care of the small stuff, so really, I question the quality of work.
I would ask for receipts for work done, if any, or ask for receipts for parts you can't see.
What does "fully built bottom end" really mean?

I wouldn't give asking price for this "project", though it looks just about complete, but i'd start off at $3k and go up if the car checks out and depending how badly you want it.
It really depends on how well it runs, any leaks, smokes, burns any oil? How does it shift?
What type of suspension is it sitting on?
Just some more questions I would ask before forking over ANY kind of money, especially if you're self admitted, " not currently the most handy or proficient when it comes to cars".

NeopolitaNx

It doesn't look bad, but what worries me is how stuff on the inside is just thrown in there. The battery isn't even secured, along with the amp, and assuming the sub too. The stuff hanging down in the passenger seat footwell worries me too. This stuff isn't tough to take care of, which is exactly why i'd be worried, they couldn't take care of the small stuff, so really, I question the quality of work.
I would ask for receipts for work done, if any, or ask for receipts for parts you can't see.
What does "fully built bottom end" really mean?

I wouldn't give asking price for this "project", though it looks just about complete, but i'd start off at $3k and go up if the car checks out and depending how badly you want it.
It really depends on how well it runs, any leaks, smokes, burns any oil? How does it shift?
What type of suspension is it sitting on?
Just some more questions I would ask before forking over ANY kind of money, especially if you're self admitted, " not currently the most handy or proficient when it comes to cars".
Thank you very very much for the info, I will be sure to ask the seller about these things!