Is upgrading to a 2000 Civic Si the best choice?

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm using a Thermal R&D Stealth catback with a DC Sports 4-2-1 header and an aftermarket cat. that we had to lengthen 5" to make the whole thing work, but everything is working great now.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
I'm using a Thermal R&D Stealth catback with a DC Sports 4-2-1 header and an aftermarket cat. that we had to lengthen 5" to make the whole thing work, but everything is working great now.
how's the car running now?

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seems to be running pretty good so far. Looks like I'm just over half full of a tank and I've got between 150-160 miles on the tank. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but as of now it looks like I should at least get 27 mpg on this tank... we'll see.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you feel any gains with the header/cat/exhaust?

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be honest I'm not sure yet. I haven't really had a chance to push the car much.

97_NightRider

I like cookies.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its gonna take a little bit of driving before the exhaust will be working at its full potential and the sound will become louder. There is usually a liner inside that will burn up after you drive around for a while, and the exhaust will get a little bit louder. Atleast thats what happened to me, and that's what ive been told. When you put your catalytic converter on did you have any problems with the Check Engine light coming on???

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jdmcivicsilver - what track?

I should make clear that the exhaust system is not brand new. I had bought the system to replace the stock exhaust on the DX and since I'm selling the DX I put the stock exhaust back on it and put the aftermarket exhaust on my new SI. Prior to the switch, I used it on the DX for over a year... can't remember the exact amount of time.

Absolutely zero problems with the check engine light.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I drive a 2000 SiR and love it dude, no complaints really... its a good over all car.

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How'd you manage to get a hold of one of those? Or did you just updgrade the Si to an SiR?

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
jdmcivicsilver - what track?

I should make clear that the exhaust system is not brand new. I had bought the system to replace the stock exhaust on the DX and since I'm selling the DX I put the stock exhaust back on it and put the aftermarket exhaust on my new SI. Prior to the switch, I used it on the DX for over a year... can't remember the exact amount of time.

Absolutely zero problems with the check engine light.
jeez, does anyone read threads anymore? this is like the 90th time he's had to explain that he is using parts from his dx, and that he already bought the si...read guys!!!

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green - very funny. I'm not real irritated by it. I can understand that people may not take the time to read through the previous 10 PAGES of posts! I guess people see my first post, but haven't read the other posts and are unaware. No big deal... I'm guilty of the same thing sometimes.

For future reference to everybody - I've put in a Thermal R&D Stealth catback, random technolgies cat, DC Sports 4-2-1 (2pc) ceramic headers, AEM CAI, 16" Enkei wheels, short shifter and that's about it for now.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah, it's just funny how many times you have to explain, you've been very patient, which is sweet, cuz most people flip out. LOL. Thanks for being chill. How's the car running man? I'm curious because what you did is the route I want to take, except more expensive parts (someday...)

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Car is running good. Keep in mind I haven't had it that long yet and not to mention I really haven't been driving it long with the aftermarket mods on it. I haven't even filled up the tank since I reported my MPG "issue".

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rUdGrICk said:
f**k 99-00si's.they get owned most of the time.
Unless you have a swap RudGrl, you only be lookng at the ass end of the Si anyways........BWUUHAHAHAHHA

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Unless you have a swap RudGrl, you only be lookng at the ass end of the Si anyways........BWUUHAHAHAHHA
turbo d > b16 swap and em1's ;)

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo car > N/A car...
modded car > stock car
but turbo d < n/a Si....i still like mine better

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI